The Chicken Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

a home for homer?

4 posters

Go down

a home for homer? Empty a home for homer?

Post by WildCherry February 5th 2009, 10:09 am

ok soo last night im cookin dinner and all seems well the kids where out side (cough cleaning the yard cough) when sophia comes bustin in the door. MOM SOMEONE IS AT THE GATE. and they want our water hose.

well dan gets up and gose out as i stayed in the house cookin..... but then this feeling of something really worng hits me and i head out to.......

i got out the frount door and my husband is standin on the portch in a confused state " like wtf is going on" and i have some strange mexcan man out side my gate. BUT his 3 kids are runin in my yard to the back...... something about homer the peacock.

i panic and ask WTF IS GONING ON? i asked like 3 times and dan just findly said he had no clue what was going on. as he jsut stood there and wached the 3 boys run past to the back....

well kids are kids fine so i whent to the man.

he was askin a lot of questions about homer. seems he seen homer in the pink houses yard. (pink house is empty atm) and from what i coudl gather was he had desided he was gonna grab him up and sell him for cash....

or at lest that is what i THINK he was gonna try to do.

he just sent in his kids. to use the water hose to WET HOMERS WINGS DOWN so he could not fly then stuff him in a cage.

I BEGAIN TO GET PISSED. not fully understanding what was going on. the kids runing havc all over homer dogeing for his life. the dog haveing fits. and this man askin me questions like
" so he just showed up one day?"
you feed him
you keep him here
why was he in the pink house
bla bla bla bla bla
findly i told him we had good reason to belave he belonged to dug the ostrich man. and that he was now ours.

but that he has been here for over the leagle 30 days there for makeing him leagly our reponsabitly as well.

seems mean wile the kids are in teh back hookin up the water hose to spray down the bird. LMAO IM NOT STUPID i dont have a handle on the spickit so they where un able to trun the water on. to do homer any harm. i knew that much. and i knew homer would tease them just out of their reach. so the man was my main consern at the time.

but what PISSES ME OFF MOST is this man just sent his kids in to grab a bird that DID NOT BELONG TO HIM!!!

ALL HE WAS SEEIN WAS$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

as that was one of the qustions he asked. " what is that about 800-1500"

THAT WAS THE LAST STRAW and i began to lose my "hospotality" how dare that man look at homer as a quick buck. who the hell was this guy.

i told him the bird is mine. and that was that.

just about that time the kids came back up the frount and he told them to get in the truck.

BUT WTF who the hell woudl just invade some ones property and try to take a bird. with out knowing any thing about it??

sure homer might have very well been on the pink house lawn. and sure the house is vacant right now. BUT THE SAME LAND LORD OWN ALL THESE HOUSES it is all the same property.

homer lives ON THE PROPERTY. he is the propertys bird. all though he spends about 75% of his time on my yard and house he still has full freedom of ALL the land and houses. it dont matter where homer is he is not for captur. he is not up for grabs.

OK soo here is my game plan......
OK so maybe dont have one yet. BUT i am gonna freshen up on the laws with a phone call to day. i want to make dam sure i or the neghbors have the right to protect homer. meaning we have the right to tell any one tryin to grab him NO!!! that he is not up for grabs that he belongs to us property dewllers.

just want to know where i stand this. so that next time i can tell the dude off. Mad Mad Mad Mad

it might be true that Homer dont belong to any ONE person or family on this property. BUT he has been adopeted by all familys here. we might not talk much or hang out like normal neghbors should. but we all have agreed that homer is to live here freely as he sees fit. all of us have differant homes homer can go to in a pinch if needed. i with dug mike has a family member out of town and the guy behind us to a farm with other birds. me wile in tell that time. homer has a home here. he eats here roost here. plays or more like teases the kids here. all the kids not just mine. he has 9 kids to show off for. he has 2 dogs that realy seem to not mind and in a way like him and he has protection and love here with all of us tenents.

the only way homer will leave this property is if he leaves of his oun free will. just as he came in the first place. OR if he where to die here..... OR if one of us where able to take him to a new safer home. HOME!!!! NOT CAGE...... not money. not food. he graces us with his peace. i think its not much to return that favor to him with a safe home and full tummy.

WildCherry

Back to top Go down

a home for homer? Empty Re: a home for homer?

Post by Deb February 5th 2009, 11:03 am

Sadly, I think it is going to be the sign of the times we live in. Graveyards are getting robbed of the flower urns on the headstones because they contain copper. Man hole covers are also on the streets, just 'disappearing'. Someone here in town had their copper gutters ripped from the front of their house! THE FRONT OF THEIR HOUSE NO LESS!!!!!

As the economy falls further and further into dispair and people are worried about putting food into their baby's bellies, there will be more stories like yours cropping up each day.

It's so very very sad really.
Deb
Deb
Admin

http://p103.ezboard.com/bfeatheredfriends

Back to top Go down

Post by WildCherry February 5th 2009, 12:31 pm

i hadnt thought of it that way.

but still stealin is NOT the way to go.

had they come in and explaned that or asked for him cuz of that. i whould have had a differant reaction.

NO I WOULD NOT have handed homer over. BUT i whould have invited them in for dinner.

i uderstand the need to feed your family. BUT NOT at the price of others. call me a old fool . but i like to beleave that there are other ways to make it work.

pot lucks come to mind. i have 5 bls of rice. you have some sausage. joe has flower and yeast.

heres a idea lest put it all together and FEED US ALL.

but NOT GO AND STEAL A INOCENT ANIMAL and stuff it in a cage for cash. that is just wrong.

times ARE HARD AND BAD but not so bad that we have to steal animals.

hell a better idea would to be to buy some chicks. let them scrach and sacavge toss out what scraps we have. and then EAT THEM.

meat birds. that is ok to do. gardens that is ok to do. asking for help THAT is ok to do.. but stealing is NEVER ok to do.

hell even i who the bird lives with would never sell him. like that.

WildCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by WildCherry February 5th 2009, 12:38 pm

"but stealing is NEVER ok to do."

MMMMMM OK UNLESS it is red lobster sugar packs.
scratch i think. Embarassed

WildCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by WildCherry February 5th 2009, 12:42 pm

well................. MAYBE the sugar packs where ok.. i mean we DID eat at the resterant. and YOU DID pay for the meal.. and IF we had had ice tea we would have used them any way. or colfee too. and they where on OUR table. ......

sugar packs dont compare to a peacock. lol

WildCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by Deb February 5th 2009, 12:53 pm

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WC, I lurves ya!
Deb
Deb
Admin

http://p103.ezboard.com/bfeatheredfriends

Back to top Go down

Post by WildCherry February 5th 2009, 12:59 pm

ok ok ok so maybe i might kinda feel a LITTLE guilty for snagin on the sugar packits. BUT BUT BUT.

they whre sooooooooooooo pretty. and its not like i was gonna sell them off for a hundred bucks each or any thing or make profit or any thing and they arent LIVE AND BREATHING and they prolly whernt missed in tell the servent whent to do her side work. and. im sure the next peoples would have used them up any how. and...................

OMG I STOLD SUGER PACKITS................ im a crimal. pale

WildCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin February 5th 2009, 10:24 pm

well hell what a predicament gosh
I am glad you were there to protect Homer
and lol you just maybe needing Caysa to bail you out of jail for stealing those sugar packets lol
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://thechickenpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tree68 February 7th 2009, 12:09 am

awww Homer is sure lucky to have you to save his life and privacy!

the cheek of that man teaching two boys to steal - not fair on those boys - bad start to their employment chances ... and the cheek of that man to get on your property to get water etc ...

might be a good idea to put up a trip wire alarm? good you told all the neighbours - anything to bring the neighbours closer together and be more safe for your children and theirs . . . http://www.ns.org.nz/

time to teach children.... to survive in the right way Wink

that sweets saga makes me smile ... i often felt and asked myself if its ok to take 4 05 5 peppermints after a meal out too... Smile

tree3
tree68
tree68

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down