The Chicken Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So...who would like to send me some hatching eggs?

5 posters

Go down

So...who would like to send me some hatching eggs? Empty So...who would like to send me some hatching eggs?

Post by Deb August 28th 2008, 9:50 pm

Yes, you heard it right. I am going to incubate. I will just put the roos and extra pullets on freecycle.

I am closing on my new house the end of September. I will be in and hopefully, totally unpacked by the end of October. That is including having the greenhouse up (not operational, but up). I figure if I can't get my chicken tractor built before the snow really flies hard, the girls can live happily in the greenhouse all winter, fertilizing and working up the ground.

That means...if I get eggs shipped in towards the end of October, maybe my Thanksgiving day can be spent giving thanks for my precious little bundles of cheeping fluff. (It has been 2 years since I have had any chooks....I'm about ready to burst with waiting!)

My divorce was finalized last tuesday, so I figure my new (to me) car was a celebration prezzy for that. My bday is mid October, so my prezzy is my house. Thanksgiving will be hopefully itty bitty chirpies, and Christmas...hmmmm, maybe just peace and quiet??? cloud
Deb
Deb
Admin

http://p103.ezboard.com/bfeatheredfriends

Back to top Go down

So...who would like to send me some hatching eggs? Empty Re: So...who would like to send me some hatching eggs?

Post by tree68 August 28th 2008, 10:42 pm

whooo what a great idea re using freecycle to give away roos and extra hens . . . to do the incubating... very addictive Wink

whooo re planning to set up greenhouse hopefully with a tunnel from back door to see to the chooks thru the coming winter - giggles

whooo enjoying your present/car right now!

whooo i can remember celebratiing to move into my house four years ago by buying a tiny paua-shell dress ring for myself.

Christmas will be happier but i cant imagine you doing nothing.... probably busy with baby chicks and fixing your home up a bit more? Wink
tree68
tree68

Back to top Go down

So...who would like to send me some hatching eggs? Empty Re: So...who would like to send me some hatching eggs?

Post by Deb August 29th 2008, 2:17 am

Fortunately Patreena, I do not have to do a lot of work to this place...well, not during the winter months on the inside. Paint a room or two and that would be it. The rest of the time can be spent working in the garage, building my greenhouse beds and getting things set up in there. The sooner it is operational, the better. There is absolutely NO landscaping done at the new house yet. A few scattered old shrubs, but no beds. I need to order in seeds to be able to afford putting at least the entry beds in.

Then, if the chicken tractor isn't built, build it. Seems I am going to need a few tools. Laughing
Deb
Deb
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tree68 August 29th 2008, 8:11 am

is your garage big enough for your car plus a workbench and maybe some netted cupboards for sick hens and babies? hope so.

what sort of tools are you thinking you need? Wink

be a good idea to install a radio or a CD player to have some music in your garage? maybe a heater to keep sick hens warm? giggles.
tree68
tree68

Back to top Go down

Post by Deb August 29th 2008, 9:55 am

It's a big garage. One door for a single car, but the other 'car' area is HUGE work benches and cabinets. I shall have tons of fun out there working on projects. Plenty of room and well set up too.

Of course there will be a small stereo and heater...heater for me more than sick chooks...lol!

As far as tools go....all the goodies. I have the good cordless drill already, but I will need a circular saw and stuffs like that.
Deb
Deb
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Okie August 29th 2008, 11:35 pm

My girls are not laying good right now, but you don't want a whole bunch either. If you want to wait a couple of weeks or so, I will probably have eggs of several breeds. I have Silver laced Polish, d'Uccle Mille Fleurs and Silkies that are just getting to laying age. So their eggs won't be the best for hatching for a month or so.
I have Silver Cuckoo Marans, Dark Cornish, Blue Feathered/ Blue egged Americaunas and Pit Game eggs now. I also have the mixed breed EEs. It will probably be next year before I have Red Dorking or Copper Black Marans eggs to spare. I imagine I will be incubating all of them I get this first year since I only have one Dorking Hen and 2 Black Copper Marans.

So, what have we got here? About three tractors with 5 hens each? lol!
Okie
Okie

Back to top Go down

Post by Okie August 29th 2008, 11:40 pm

I just reread the OP. I should have plenty of eggs by the time you are wanting them. Smile
Okie
Okie

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin August 31st 2008, 10:35 am

well lol if you don't mind having mutty babies I should have some eggs and I would be ever so happy to send you some.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://thechickenpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Deb August 31st 2008, 11:17 pm

I will hit you ladies up when it becomes closer to time. Wink
Deb
Deb
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Belair54 September 24th 2008, 10:58 pm

do you have a specific breed you would like..........my favorite is the english speckled sussex..................let me know
Belair54
Belair54

Back to top Go down

Post by Deb September 24th 2008, 11:36 pm

Thanks for the offer Belair, but...ya see, I was wrongfully terminated from my job with the city, 2 weeks prior to closing on my house. So, there is no house anymore and I am searching out a new area in the country to move to now. It's been pretty heart wrenching in this neck of the woods.
Deb
Deb
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Okie October 6th 2008, 8:55 am

I am so sorry, Deb. I hope things start looking up for you. Here's something to be grateful for. You don't really want to live across the street from a Park. I did that once. Anything in my yard was drug over to the park by kids playing there. I had kids climbing my 6 ft fence to go through my storage shed and drag things over to the park. You get acquainted with a few regulars and they start dragging all the new kids to your house to get a drink or use the bathroom. Parents that send their kids to the park to get rid of them start acting like it is your responsibility to watch their kids.
I know your heart was set on that house, but stop and count your blessings. Smile

If I was given the choice of living in a nice house beside a Park or in a teepee in the middle of nowhere, I would be a teepee dweller from now on. Smile
Okie
Okie

Back to top Go down

Post by Deb October 15th 2008, 10:41 am

Thanks Okie. I have had fun on my trip trying to decide what I want to be and where I want to live when I 'grow up'. LOL.

Still no concrete decisions, so will update you when I have something of value to discuss.
Deb
Deb
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down