The Chicken Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Housing Poultry

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Housing Poultry - Page 2 Empty Re: Housing Poultry

Post by Deb August 13th 2008, 10:09 am

Oooooooooooooo, that's not nice! lol!
Deb
Deb
Admin

http://p103.ezboard.com/bfeatheredfriends

Back to top Go down

Post by wolfpenfarm August 13th 2008, 10:02 pm

why would anyone only have 5?? Everyone knows more chickens more chickens Very Happy

wolfpenfarm

Back to top Go down

Post by Okie August 13th 2008, 10:26 pm

Hey Steve, the second day we had triple digit temps, I lost my little cochin rooster and a hen to the heat. I think the little guys were too fat to take the heat. I was really upset over it. I had a few eggs, so I cranked up the incubator. I pulled 6 little cochins out of the incubator yesterday. Smile
The rooster that died was a brother to the pullets and rooster Sarah brought you. I have four that are the pretty blue like their daddy the other two are black like your rooster. Smile
Okie
Okie

Back to top Go down

Post by wolfpenfarm August 13th 2008, 11:03 pm

Okie wrote:Hey Steve, the second day we had triple digit temps, I lost my little cochin rooster and a hen to the heat. I think the little guys were too fat to take the heat. I was really upset over it. I had a few eggs, so I cranked up the incubator. I pulled 6 little cochins out of the incubator yesterday. Smile
The rooster that died was a brother to the pullets and rooster Sarah brought you. I have four that are the pretty blue like their daddy the other two are black like your rooster. Smile

Well these cochins are doing good Smile i had one of my oegh disappear. Don't know what happened to her or how she got out. I think she slipped past me when i opened the door. She was so tiny that i missed her going by me several times before. Sad

wolfpenfarm

Back to top Go down

Post by Okie August 13th 2008, 11:42 pm

Those girls aren't much bigger than pigeons. LOL
She may turn back up with a clutch of chicks. Those little game hens can hide better than any other kind of chicken. Smile
Okie
Okie

Back to top Go down

Post by Deb August 13th 2008, 11:58 pm

I have watched several friends go through the missing hen episode, only to have them turn up in about a month with a trail of little cheepers behind them. Hopefully you will have the same outcome.

Congrats on the new little baby cochins! Can we get pics? I have never seen a cochin chick before (I don't think).
Deb
Deb
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Okie August 14th 2008, 8:28 am

Well, they say the pathway to Hell is paved with good intentions. I guess I have been paving where my camera is concerned. Smile
It has been really hectic around here the past couple of days. I had planned on puppy and chick pictures yesterday, but it just didn't happen.
I hope to get some today. Smile
Okie
Okie

Back to top Go down

Post by wolfpenfarm August 14th 2008, 8:53 pm

Oh i hope she does return. She would come up and sit on my arm. Sweet hen.

wolfpenfarm

Back to top Go down

Post by Deb August 15th 2008, 12:05 am

I had a little banty, all black, that would sit on my right shoulder while I worked in my flower beds. She never pooed on me, ever. But, she watched like a hawk for any worms to be unearthed. Her name was tinkerbell. I miss her.
Deb
Deb
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Okie August 28th 2008, 6:24 pm

I had 10 mil Fleur d'Uccles that were running loose until a few days ago. The little things were all over us when we milked the goats. I only had the one little rooster. These bigger rooster had started chasing the pullets and mistreating the little rooster, so I put them in a tractor where they are safe. I visit them several times a day, but I miss them running loose. Smile
Okie
Okie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2