The Chicken Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For WildCherry - Autisim or better yet, Asperger's Disorder

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

For WildCherry - Autisim or better yet, Asperger's Disorder - Page 2 Empty Re: For WildCherry - Autisim or better yet, Asperger's Disorder

Post by Deb October 30th 2008, 12:26 pm

Stick to the facts and the basics. There is a saying in the business world...K.I.S.S....Keep It Simple Stupid. I think that maybe the world of higher education can grasp the basics, wouldn't you agree??? LOL.

Here's hoping you can get your stand across in a strong and undisputable way.
Deb
Deb
Admin

http://p103.ezboard.com/bfeatheredfriends

Back to top Go down

For WildCherry - Autisim or better yet, Asperger's Disorder - Page 2 Empty Re: For WildCherry - Autisim or better yet, Asperger's Disorder

Post by WildCherry November 4th 2008, 10:30 am

ok yesterday was the meeting. our parant avacat coudl not make it after all. must have had an emgerancy. lol no biggie though.

well i didnt get all i was hopeing or heading to BUT. WE DID make some first steps in the right direction.

dan ran the meeting for the most part and i just sat back not sayin to much. dan and i already had a game plan he did stick to it for the most part with in reason.

1 the counsler. terry will be "winged" off her slowly over the next few weeks. terry really does like her. BUT SHE CLEARLY understands her visits with my son will be VERY limited. and she is ONLY PERMITTED to speak with him about certain things. no more diagoses what so ever. SHE REALLY DONT LIKE ME AT ALL i feel the same about her. we have that agreement. she however LOVES dan. and was praizeing him up and down all over. (cough kiss ass cough) but she will slowly be takein out of the pic. so that is a step in the right direction any way.

2 normal class room. he will be spending MUCH MORE TIME in a normal class room seting. he will not be placed as "mrs soandso's normal class student" but will spend many more houres in her class. he is sperated form him 'buddys" and is siting next to her top student. we hope he will used this student as a example. she now understands a little more about terry. as she her self didnt see any ADD with terry but just a lack of socal ecknolagement to her teachings. once i explained terrys to her it seemd to me that she did get the pic. and seems to agree. he will still be takein back to the edd room to complete any thing he dont in class.

3 relearning to use his brain in steps.... piff a hopeless battle they still disagree with me there so i tryed covert option of sugestons to hopefuly get the point across of the need for this. i sugested the use a differant wording when "prompting" my son to do his work.

4 corect awsers marked as such. this will or should no longer be a prob. from here on out if the awser is right no mater how he does it it will be marked as such. and no longer are they to say "terry you got this awser wrong" but insted are to say " terry this awser is wrong because" its just simple wording to get a better response form terry. if you say terry you got thsi awser worng, terrry only notices you said that HE GOT IT WRONG and cant get past that to move on with the teaching. changeing the words for him to say the awser is wrong. gides his brain to wonder why it is wrong giveing you a chnace to nip it all in the bud and explain why. remember he has no comon sence like other kids. and takes every word litteraly.

5. self asteam. or him seeing not hing is worng with him. this is what his counsler is SOPOTA be doing. and she will contiue to do that untell her winging prosess is over. he is not a problem child. infact he still carryes the rep of the "perfect polite respectful careing peace maker" so she dont need to help him understnad him self or work on behavor. she can just build his self asteam and STFU on the side.

6. showin his academics on paper. ok well they didnt really fully agree wih me on his teachin his brain to get back to step 1 2 3 4 order. but did agree to do more verbal testing and work in the class room. meaning he will read the questions. and tell them the anwsers. if the anwer is corect it will reflect on the test as such. then he will be asked to wright it down. but regardless if we get in writen down or not. he will still get credit for completing it. acording to his verbal anwsers.

7 old info being used to help us get a new game plan.. well sence it is FINDLY goin in the right direction. and cuz i did put the kiabosh on anilazeing and diagonseing of my son. i didnt see to much reason to drag this one up.

as for them they will do it their way and i will do it my way.

i will continue to reteach terrys brain the step by step method here at home. as this is want i KNOW he truely needs. i guess i cant expect them to understand in only 2 short years what i have learned over 12.

and as for him "not paying atention to them" i will work even more on his socal skills and graces. i will teach him the he must make eye contat with the teachers every time he is adressed. as i know for a fact he is payin atenton. to them. i now will work on teaching him to show it socaly.

f*** them i as mommy will not fallow their plan any more. i will doit my way here at home.

WildCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by Deb November 4th 2008, 2:43 pm

Well, I have to say congratulations. It may not have turned out the way you wanted it all to, but the meeting took place and head way was made. Just keep doing what you can for Terry at home. And keep a close eye on the school to make sure they are living up to their end of the bargin.

Hopefully it will all be enough to pull Terry through and get him on the right path. He is a brilliant boy, and I wish him tons of successes in his future.
Deb
Deb
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WildCherry November 4th 2008, 5:02 pm

Yeah... i hope so hun. really do. but really dont expect a over night trun around here. sigh. but hopefuly it will work. my only other step is to sit my ass in there on a daily bases to asure it is being complyed with to a T.

dan has sugested that i STFU and let him deal with this for now on with the shcools and such. he said i stress and worked to dam hard over the years with this just on terry alone. that is was his trun to deal with them....... sigh why the hell cant i trust him on this?? i know i should beable to. i mean he is his father. but UGGGGGGG i have to fix my husbans mistakes ALL THE DARN TIME. i DONT need a reacerace of this drama to have to fix OVER AGAIN.

siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiggggggghhhhhhhh,,,,,,

piff who the f*** knows any more... he is right i have stressed to much the last few weeks i have not sleep with out dreamin about htis drama. not spent a min on this comp not resurching this. not had a min of peace with out it repeating over and over and over in my mind every detail WHAT AM I MISSING?? to the point i cetch my self talkin out loud to my self over and over the same things.

maybe he is right. i just hate to have to "trust" him or trust any one for that matter.

i just cant get over this feelin of incomplet...something is still a miss i just know it and feel it deep with in me. SOMETHING IS NOT DONE. something is not here. SOMETHING WAS NOT ACOMPLISHED but God help me!!!!!(yes im beggin him) i just CAN NOT PUT MY FINGER ON IT and it will eat at me in tell it does fall in place.

oo hell maybe im the nut case here lol i dont know any more Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Neutral

WildCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by Deb November 4th 2008, 6:04 pm

Well, sometimes we have to step back from the situation in order to see the big gapping hole that was missed. Take a breather for a bit. There isn't much (at this point) that hubby will have to do with the school and you need to take the time to see things clear again.
Deb
Deb
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WildCherry November 4th 2008, 6:12 pm

OMG SO YOUR SAYING IM MISSING A BIG GAPPING HOLE???????????????????????????///

GEE thanks deb now im really MESSED UP!!

lmao heheh xoxoxo

WildCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by Deb November 4th 2008, 6:14 pm

lol, no...I am saying it will look like that when you step back and do a survey of all you have already done. You will be like, DUH!!!, I knew I was missing something!
Deb
Deb
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tree68 November 4th 2008, 6:54 pm

serina you are a true mother - wondering if you had missed anything.... you yourself need to relax with a bit of fun somewhere totally different from your home kids and Dan.

Then when you come back to earth - you might see something you missed? Not? relax again and try again? Remember you are definitely a caring mother ... give yourself a rest and a pat for such a good mother. That way you will see things better when you are totally relaxed and happy.

Go out as a family plus Dan too. i found going food shopping with Tom and boys helped to creat happy memories for us all - after shopping we'd have a bite out - maybe a sandwich and milkshake for boys - pot of tea for us too. Thus teaching boys social behavour too - then we would play soccer in the park before going home with shopping. This way it saved me from doing the cooking and Tom from doing the dishes. Other times we would have a picnic with cold chicken, pieces of raw vegetables and buttered buns - thermus of tea and another of cold fruit drink then play soccer before going home. ish and chips on cold days.

Tom asked me what i think of his paintings - to be honest i find it hard to be a critic - scared of putting him off - i'd look at it then at the mirror to see the painting in a different way. Then i would compliment him on lovely painting then point something out ... then i tell him to look in the mirror and see what i am getting at? Then again i would say dont spoil it - think before you move or change it because its a lovely painting. that way he wont destroy it!

Last of all - children need happy memories - you both including Dan (winks) can create all sorts of fun - i am very sure you can be a real fun mother and wife! hugs!!!
tree68
tree68

Back to top Go down

Post by WildCherry November 5th 2008, 2:27 am

study write write scratch write crap wall wall wall fit but study write study write study study write scratch fit wall scratch study write write crap Suspect Suspect scratch write scratch confused Neutral

WildCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by WildCherry November 5th 2008, 2:33 am

yup that just about sums it up i think.

i mean dont get me wrong guys. im greatful for all your guys kind words. thinkin im such a great mom and all...... but i really truely just dont feel so "great " a mother right now. a "great " mom would have had this crap figored out by now. would not have to watch her son stugle with this crap. would know how to fix it. and i just cant....... and i just feel like such a crapy mother. sorry guys im just not so great. i mean as many times as i have read and re read and scrached down on paper and re hersed the dam findings and tests and detail of experts and life and me and family geans and terry and the schools and his work and my work and reread and re surch and rescrble. and rehurs and re evaluate and toss it all a side to just start over all over again I SHOULD HAVE f*****ING figored it out by now..... augggggggg.

i NEED F***ING happy pills

WTF???????? THAT EMOTE EVEN IS NAMED AFTER ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shocked scratch confused piff well duh yeah i guess it makes sence lol

WildCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by tree68 November 5th 2008, 8:15 am

blab blab comfort sorry stop write but hug1 just do it img wopps woo hoo point pick flowers happy happy tree3 ty
tree68
tree68

Back to top Go down

Post by Deb November 5th 2008, 12:13 pm

A bad mother wouldn't have even noticed there was a problem. A bad mother wouldn't have tried to move mountains. A bad mother would have thrown her hands up and quit a long time ago. A bad mother wouldn't even stop to question if she was a good or bad mom.

Nope...don't recognize any of those qualities in you.
Deb
Deb
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tree68 November 5th 2008, 1:17 pm

agreed dee! couldn't think of a better reply than yours! luv ya too dee!
tree68
tree68

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2