The Chicken Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

my heart is broken

+4
tree68
Admin
Dustin Biery
ferdismom
8 posters

Go down

my heart is broken Empty my heart is broken

Post by ferdismom July 10th 2008, 12:22 pm

Ferdi died last night. I haven't told Danny yet, he will be just as torn as I. My 2 Embden geese have been fighting. The bigger one is molting and the smaller one took this as the chance to become leader. Last night the fight got out of hand. Ferdi must have gotton in the way and her neck was broken. The big goose may not live and all his feathers and wing feathers were torn out. he's just skin and blood with a few feathers here and there. He did protect his belly and legs, because they aren't hurt and all the feathers are on his belly. I have seperated them, but I really have no hope for the big guy. I don't think he fought back, because the other goose wasn't hurt at all I think he just layed there and let him beat on him. I also think the baby toulouse geese may have got involved too. I don't know what to do.

Well I need to go take care of Ferdi. I think my tears have stopped for the moment.....Then I have to go to work.
ferdismom
ferdismom

Back to top Go down

my heart is broken Empty Re: my heart is broken

Post by Dustin Biery July 11th 2008, 10:00 am

Julie my condolences. I am so sorry for your loss. Hope things get better for you in the coming days.
Dustin Biery
Dustin Biery

http://bierygame.webs.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin July 11th 2008, 2:34 pm

omg Julie I am so so sorry
I am in shock that this had to happen to you and Danny I hope that by some miracle the big guy makes it, I would clean him up best that you can and put onitment on his wounds, and start him on antibtotics, and maybe give him some asprin in his water to help with the pain that I am sure he is in, it is 5 asprin to one gallon if I remember correctly.
I am sorry about Fredi getting caught in the middle and can't believe you lost your sweet lil duckie girl
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://thechickenpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tree68 July 11th 2008, 10:34 pm

awww sorry my heartfelt condolences to you and Danny.

Rest In Peace Ferdi big hugs to you both
tree68
tree68

Back to top Go down

Post by caysa July 12th 2008, 3:55 pm

I am so so sorry to hear this... Julie, you will be in my prayers!
H U G S
caysa
caysa

Back to top Go down

Post by WildCherry July 15th 2008, 3:50 pm

truely sorry hun Sad i can understand your pain. Sad the little critters take a part of your heart at first site. and seem to forget to give it back in the end:( big hugs hun.

WildCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by ferdismom July 15th 2008, 3:57 pm

Thanks everyone. The next day the Embden attacked Mrs. muscovy and hurt her pretty bad. Well the injured goose died a couple nights ago. he went to sleep and died with his neck curled under one of his poor wings. The other Embden tried to hurt Mrs. muscovy again, but he couldn't get to her. He was chasing everything even the dogs, so he is now in a pen alone by himself. I think we are going to put him down, because he is causing all this and I think he might have went insane. I don't know what went wrong, but he is scary even to me and the toulouses are fine when he isn't with them. I'm afraid to rehome him and have him hurt someone elses animals or even a small child.
This just doesn't make any sense to me. it makes me very sad.
ferdismom
ferdismom

Back to top Go down

Post by tree68 July 15th 2008, 7:06 pm

hugs . . .
tree68
tree68

Back to top Go down

Post by WildCherry July 16th 2008, 12:15 am

im so sorry hun Sad but i think you are makeing the right choice. it seems unfair to him to put him down. but at the same time. its unfair to your other birds not to. he has takein 2 lifes and i fear more. Sad this isnt any easyer for you i know then the other deaths. but in the long run. its best.

BIG HUGS. AND PRAYERS FOR YA Sad

WildCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin July 19th 2008, 3:14 pm

oh man Julie I am so sorry I would have made the same descision about putting him down.
How is Mrs. Muscovy doing??
sorrry you lost the other gander
hugs
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://thechickenpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Deb July 24th 2008, 10:11 am

Didn't want everyone to think I was being rude. I replied in ernest to Julie over on Feathered Friends.

Still very sorry all this has happened though.
Deb
Deb
Admin

http://p103.ezboard.com/bfeatheredfriends

Back to top Go down

Post by Dinergirl August 4th 2008, 5:09 pm

oh...I am so sorry Julie! I haven't been on in a long time, so I haven't heard. What happened with the other victims? Did she recover? I personally have never liked Geese, but mainly because we had a goose who would attack me, and not let me off the school bus (don't laugh Anna! She only went after me) I think she knew I was afraid of her. I love the way they look and have often thought about getting a couple geese, especially to go with a few Ducks. (I love Ducks!!) But this is what stops me. I know particular breeds are more aggressive and protective then others, and I haven't been willing to take the chance, esp. with my little kids. But I thought this breed was more gentle then others. What happened? Maybe you are right and they were just trying to establish who was top dog..or goose. I am so sad for you, I know how much she meant to you!
Dinergirl
Dinergirl
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WildCherry August 6th 2008, 2:44 pm

im not one that beleaves in poultry agrestion. for the most part i beleave you can tam down any bird of the poultry kind. IF YOU know now to handle and understand them. you need to know how to disaplain properly. BUT there are them few its just to late for. Sad and this one i feel will take way to much work to tam down. and he has already caused way to many deaths. its best to put him down to save your flock. Sad she made the right choice even though it was a hard one.

on a side note i agree 100% with you Dinergirl.. with small childern in the family. some times you dont have the abilty to take that chance. we all know a full grown roo can easly kill a small child. hence why i keep a close eye when i have any birds around my family for the frist few weeks atlest. its best you know your birds befor you offer them free run of the family. Smile and be sure to teach the children how YOU WANT THE bird treated. so they can help you help it Smile . i have had a few times. where the bird will be just fine with i and a few kids. but will have issues with my husband or one of the 4 kids. this is clearly because THEY did not fallow directions. and treated the bird differantly. SOO the bird will take advantage of them and bully them around. lmao.

i have trund the meanest roosters geese and ducks around. even a turkey. but you have to be careful and persistant on workin with the bird. then again i have had to put one old roo down. (in his defence it was not his falt. the owners had him for about 3 full years. stuck in a little run with NO OTHER CONTACT to human or birds.) they jsut tossed food in to him and used the water hose to fill a tinny bowl.

that is abuse if you ask me clean and clear. but thats what happens when people get a animal and dotn know how to care for them. hell even your old barn yard roo has some kind of contact with other liveing things.

BIG HUGS HUN you did the right thing. you did what had to be done for your feartherd family. as hard as it was. Smile best wishes to you and yours

WildCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum