Good Morning Allllllllllllllllllllllllll

Page 13 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Good Morning Allllllllllllllllllllllllll

Post by tree68 on January 30th 2009, 9:37 pm

awww Belair . . . are you coping ok?

Wink hopefully you are managing to keep warm and dry. plus you had power and water all the way thru these tiresome icy storms.

Smile it will make you much appreciate having spring in few months time? take care but try have some fun wont you? Ever tried to make something out of ice? sculpture? Twisted Evil

tree3
tree68

Back to top Go down

Post by Okie on January 31st 2009, 12:41 pm

Praise the Lord! All the ice and snow have melted. It is a Sun shine day here in my corner of the world. I have eggs hatching in the incubator and the first one out is a Red Dorking x Dark Cornish. This was supposedly the main meat bird in England for 100s of years. This is the first chick of this cross to hatch. It looks like Red Dorking with the extra toes and everything, but it came out of the Cornish egg. lol
Now I need to divide off one of the bigger brooders and shuffle chicks to make room for this batch. I can keep the other house babies in for a few more days and put these in a bird cage. They will be fine until tomorrow in the incubator.
It is so nice to see the sun again. I get down and so depressed during dark Winter months. I use to think it was just me, but I have met quite a few foks that get the same symptoms. Thank God the Days are getting so much longer now. Smile
Okie

Back to top Go down

Post by Deb on January 31st 2009, 12:49 pm

Hang in there Okie, I think more people than not are afflicted with the needing sunshine sort of thing. I know I am, that is why I live in the high desert where we get 360 days of sun a year. (The sun will eventually show itself in other words.)

Today is a quiet day for me. I have a very fancy date tonight, so already ironed my skirt, blouse and shined up the heels. Painted the nails (deep red) last night and put in a all night treatment in my hair to help with the natural curl curse of frizz.

I wish I could talk about getting my greenhouse up and hatching out my chooks, but since the divorce things are moving much more slowly than I had anticipated. Someday I can regale you all in fanciful conversation about them. Until then, keep me wishing and dreaming with your stories.

Admin

http://p103.ezboard.com/bfeatheredfriends

Back to top Go down

Post by tree68 on February 7th 2009, 12:30 am

Finally i got here... having to find my name and password - giggle

mmm its saturday - the sun is shining - the sky is a lovely blue - chooks hiding in the shade - 26c in here (coolest part of house with two windows open so i can get a breeze in between) - all is quiet but my nose is trying to drip non-stop after the past two days of having scratchy throat and last night with a funny cough now and then keeping me awake. I sat in lounge this afternoon and watched a suspense story from dvd (first time for ages) and sucked a sweet or two with lemon and something for my cold.

now my chicks are growing... sadly i will have to split them up very soon - maybe next week - two or three mothers having left their babies - another hen adopted the tiny polish ones. one of the white capped polish is already trying to crow... (2 roos + 2 hens)

i love to see the chicks being together - scratching for grit and insects in the cut grass heap - lying in the sun or the shade - sleeping together with some wee peeping sounds in the coop (others told me this). A neighbour is taking four next wednesday or thursday. I am taking two to Carol next week. I've asked neighbour over the road if she would like a rooster with couple of my hens but told her to think about this and i wont mind if she cant.... I am keeping three different chicks plus one from Carol. Owen my son will have the rest.

At the moment i have put three broodies into a round netted thingy in the shade of that spreading tree right by the coop (gotta go out there and check to see if they are ok soon and to take out any more broodies and pick up some eggs) - got only one egg this morning hence this round netted.

i kinda wished i had more chicks but come to think of this - i got 4 more after one died before xmas? meaning i will have 27 hens instead of excatly 24 hens as recommended by the council...so its really enough (sigh). tree3
tree68

Back to top Go down

Post by Belair54 on February 11th 2009, 12:45 am

I really hate Tornados................ Three of them today and all within 5 miles of me

Oh
Good morning all Very Happy
Belair54

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on February 11th 2009, 12:49 am

well hell that stinks I hope you and yours are ok belair

Admin
Admin

http://thechickenpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Belair54 on February 11th 2009, 8:42 am

OK, today is going to be a better day.............The sun will be shining and I dont have any tree limbs too clean up...................cant beat a deal like that.

hahahaha Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Belair54

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on February 12th 2009, 10:06 am

thats good to hear belair

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Belair54 on February 15th 2009, 10:26 pm

Good morning everybody and how goes it??????????? bounce
Belair54

Back to top Go down

Post by Deb on February 15th 2009, 11:01 pm

Under the weather here a bit. Struggling with a few personal issues and still searching for a job. Nothing new to report from this corner...lol.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on February 17th 2009, 12:50 am

morning erm well it will be morning here in about 10 mins or so lol
not much new happening around here

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Belair54 on February 25th 2009, 8:41 am

welp,
Im back, so good morning........one and all and one.
Very Happy
Belair54

Back to top Go down

Post by Deb on February 25th 2009, 12:24 pm

What do you mean your back...did you go on vacation somewhere????

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Belair54 on February 26th 2009, 9:41 am

Deb wrote:What do you mean your back...did you go on vacation somewhere????

maybee Very Happy maybee not Sad

who knows as I dont.....................
Belair54

Back to top Go down

Post by Dinergirl on February 26th 2009, 11:20 am

Good Morning! Not too much going on here either. Cole & Clarissa were both sick. They seen better now. Snow is starting to melt, but I sure mother nature is just teasing us...it will snowing again in no time. Have a great day!! Brandy
Dinergirl
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dinergirl on February 26th 2009, 11:22 am

Admin wrote:morning erm well it will be morning here in about 10 mins or so lol
not much new happening around here
Sleep
Hey what were you doing up soooo late??? If I knew that, I would have called you at 5am...of course I would have had to of been awake myself at that hour...
Dinergirl
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on February 27th 2009, 11:53 pm

lmao too funny
I would of been asleep by that time

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon on March 10th 2009, 8:54 pm

wait... is it still morning? Neutral

Laughing
Devon

http://www.myspace.com/luvinlittleyellowjacket

Back to top Go down

Post by tree68 on April 17th 2009, 8:32 pm

its now april - spring in your country - autumn in mine Razz

this morning i planted 'cox' lettuce in the old chicken run and tidied the glass house ground ready for planting soft buttercrunch lettuce for the winter tomorrow.

after my lunch i am heading out to pick up my girlfriend for the weekend. she's had a bad fall and wanted to be with me for company and help i think. i will find out how bad she is when i see her - we both turn 70 next month - she is one week younger than me LOL

thankfully Tom is much better today - had spent all day in his bed yesterday - unusual for him - tummy-bug!

weather has been very kind lately but expecting rain tomorrow monday and maybe tuesday. so i had some washing done and now are hanging outside in the sun.

take care but have fun regardless Wink tree3
tree68

Back to top Go down

Post by Okie on June 7th 2009, 11:33 am

I bet y'all thought I died. LOL
I crashed my computer about 6 months ago. I looked for this place several times, but just found it again today.
Lets see. I have chicks in inside brooders and also Guinea keets. I have a variety of breeds and sizes running around outside. I moved a bunch of chickens around to different coops yesterday. It seems like they all want to go broody and they don't care if there are eggs under them or not. ROFL
I have two gardens that are both looking great. Blooms on tomatoes and peppers, but no little fruits yet. I go a late start on them due to having 20 inches of rain in a three week period. made the clay soil just a little too boggy to walk on, much less till and sow.
It is a beautiful sunny day here today. The yards are all grown up and needing a swather instead of a mower, but I plan to tackle them with mowers anyhow. Wish me luck!
I canned a batch of poke salad yesterday and I may try to get some roosters butchered and processed this afternoon.
My daughter, SIL and their two kids just headed out to do some fishing. She showed me worms they had to see if they were the kind I raised as a kid. They weren't, but it reminded my of the fishing story here and I came looking for y'all again. I am glad I did. Smile
Talk to y'all again real soon.
Take Care and God Bless you.
Okie (((HUGS)))
Okie

Back to top Go down

Post by Deb on June 7th 2009, 12:01 pm

Welcome back Okie...I was kind of wondering what happened with you. I just figured you had gotten busy with life somehow. Sounds like things are going rather well for you, besides all that rain.

Look forward to your regular postings again soon!

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on June 8th 2009, 12:24 am

yay yippie chickie I am glad your back
I oh so know the crash your puter lol, happened to me the day before my bday lst Nov lol thank god for Deb we chatted and she read my emails to me til I got a new tower
I have the broody syndrome going on here too lol we have a crap load of broodies today I pulled out 4 hens fron this lil bucket I really need to take my cam weith me lol tis the funniest thing, we love patting and petting em to make em mad grin
erm what is Poke salad??
I am glad that you found your way back too.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Okie on June 8th 2009, 4:20 pm

You mean you never heard the song about Poke Salad Annie? ROFL
Pokeweeds is another name for a wild weed that grows in Southern climates. It is carried in by birds and grows to be as big as a medium sized bush in one year. It will come back every year after that from the roots. It is said to be poison if eaten raw, but I think it will just make you feel sick. You pick it when it is young and tender, boil it down and drain off the juice. Some folks will boil it a second time to get rid of more of the so called toxins. I usually just boil it once. After it is drained, I put it over in a hot skillet that has enough grease to keep it from sticking. I break a half dozen or so eggs in ith it and scramble fry it. It has a bunch of healthy properties and tastes great to. My daughter can not tolerate it at all. She loves to eat it, but it causes blisters in her mouth. I experimented and fixed Spinach fried with eggs and she loved it. There are a few other wild weeds we pick and eat similarly prepared. Lambs quarter is the other main one. It is a wild spinach that tries to take over my garden. I wait until it is about 8 inches tall and then I clean it out of the garden and put it up for the future. Nothing as good as free forage foods. rofl Danged wild hogs around here have just about rooted out all the Morrell Mushrooms. I sure wish I could find a batch of them. Some day I will turn loose of the money to get a mushroom growing kit. White caps are good, but they sure don't have the flavor of the morrells. :p

I had planned to butcher a few roosters today, but my daughter informed me they were gonna make a trip to a Community sale next Sunday. I am gonna send the roosters and see if they will bring a little more than they would be worth as meatbirds. They are Good linage Black Copper Marans, so they may bring a decent price. I traded off my Dark Cornish and got some Buff Orpington hens and also a Rhodes Island Red rooster and three hens. The man swore these were the old fashioned RIRs that laid a nice brown egg. He lied. These lay an egg that is a toss up as to whether it is beige or pink. Not at all like a true old Fashioned RIR is supposed to lay. Too much production blood has been bred into the RIRs these days. I think I will send the RIRs to the sale along with the Black Copper roosters.
I will tell you more about my chickens and gardening endeavors later. I need to go plant Marigolds amongst the tomatoes before more rains get here. I want them to be blooming before the hornworm tomato moths come around. They don't like the smell of Marigolds and they go on down the road to my neighbor's garden. Smile
I have a cute story to tell about a little bantam hen who wanted to be a mama. I will post it over in the chicken area. Smile
Take Care and God Bless,
Okie
Okie

Back to top Go down

Post by Deb on June 8th 2009, 11:35 pm

Thanks for the good update and all that useful information. I just had a discussion the other day about harvesting nettle to use in eggs.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on June 8th 2009, 11:59 pm

that is simalur to what we do with burrdock greens and dandilion greens too
we are selling 12 roo's at auction in a couple days, prolley will not get squat for em but they gotta go we have way to many roo's.
we are also selling some of our gaots too some times I hate farming I hate having to pick stays and who goes.
I am off to read your hen story lol

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top