Good Morning Allllllllllllllllllllllllll

Page 12 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Good Morning Allllllllllllllllllllllllll

Post by Belair54 on December 1st 2008, 1:27 am

Weighed in at 145 pounds and was a 6 point. Took him less than 30min after walking to my stand. 303 did the trick. That was thursday. Got him hanging in the cooler now. Jerky, sump steak and the works. Very Happy
Belair54

Back to top Go down

Post by Deb on December 1st 2008, 11:47 am

Ooooooooo, CONGRATS Belair!!!!!!!!!! (Where's the pics???)

Admin

http://p103.ezboard.com/bfeatheredfriends

Back to top Go down

Post by Belair54 on December 2nd 2008, 8:56 am

Its a gonna be a great day in Okie land, little cool maybe but at least the sun will be shinin unless it aint.
Ya'all have a good one and enjoy what ya want
Belair54

Back to top Go down

Post by WildCherry on December 2nd 2008, 10:24 am

good morning guys. the sunnys are just peekin up over the sandy hills and dieing sage bushes.

would love to say its a pretty morning.. but this world seems to be dieing to me.....

mmm its a morning full of thoughts in my head. cant seem to clear them out. seems so over welming this morning. just about the time i relize how gloomy my thoughts are and deside to change them to some other thing. i relize i only have more gloom in the next thought as i did the first. so then i try to focus on change. i mean hell if it soo dam horable why not change it to better? ..... well cuz i have evry dam horable reason in the world why all change cant be done.

im not thinkin life should be this way..... im thinkin life sould be fun and happy and or at lest resonably servivable.

sigh i must think HAPPY THOUGHTS HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY DAMIT!!!

buterflys, spring flowes, children laughter, sprinklers on wet grass, sunshine, puffy bunny clouds..... something.

oo and gratz on bambi. 53

well the sunrise is kinda pretty this morning ..... if you can see past they gray of the world. Jesus did you a alwful lot of pinks and lavanders to day. Laughing

WildCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by Okie on December 2nd 2008, 10:49 am

God is the most awesome artist. Smile

It is cold here today. I have guineas with Fall babies. They have been taking these babes to roost in the trees, but the little guys still want o get under Mama to get warm. They are so cute trying to get mom to take them under for just a little warming up. LOL
I finally got my stinky little chicks out of the house and into the brooder house. I am wondering just how I will brood the others I have cooking in the incubators. I ave two incubators going. I will move eggs from one to the other and start another dozen this afternoon. Once they get warm, I will pull all but one batch out of the other incubator to add to them. I have one batch due on the 5th. I plan to use the one incubator as a hatcher from now on out. I have a third incubator, but no windows for it. I am trying to hold off on ordering windows until after Christmas. I am hoping the cold will let up for a few days so I can get a bigger brooder house built. I am using old storm door and old windows to make the sides of these brooders huts, but this last one was cut in half so my little d'Uccle Millie Fleurs could have half of it to stay warm in. Thank the Lord, my lights are doing the trick and I am able to sell enough eggs to pay for the feed and extra electricity for the lights. Egg sales even allowed me to buy some of those expensive Black Copper Marans eggs I have trying to get started. I may try to move tractors to a new area where there is more grass. They have eaten all the old grass down to the nub. I will put the shanty town on the south side of a Camp trailer for the protection from the North. Once I get them there, they will stay till spring most likely. I will just have to give them hay to scratch around and keep their feet warm. I wintered them there last year. It is an area I will garden come spring. You wouldn't believe how much better gardening it was than in years past. Those chickens sure know how to compost and fertilize. LOL
Y'all have a good day.
Okie

Back to top Go down

Post by WildCherry on December 3rd 2008, 9:20 am

ok still dark no sunshine yet. feelin a little better to day. kinda sick to my tummy. but feelin better other wise. im hopein to day will be a good day. lol Smile

WildCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by tree68 on December 3rd 2008, 1:09 pm

good morning folks - half asleep now = ready to go back to my warm bed.

sun not yet up yet can see everything here... 6.07am

planted some of my tomatoes yesterday - plan to plant some more as seedlings are getting skinny for want of food in soil Wink gotta hunt up some long sticks for tomato plants first tho...
hugs CW i'm there with you...tree3
tree68

Back to top Go down

Post by Belair54 on December 6th 2008, 2:06 pm

Heck, the sun is NOT shining here, the wind s is kinda puffy.................its cool and I have a case of the lazy bugs....................
Belair54

Back to top Go down

Post by WildCherry on December 10th 2008, 2:57 pm

its a dich day here. all the kids are home. i did get up this morning about 3 to take dan to work. but i felt so bad from this cold and the cold meds i took the night befor made me grogy... i desided it was not good to drive in the dark under the influeance of cold meds. LMAO. and just kissed dan good by and sent him on his way.

i went back to bed . its like 11 am now and i still feel grogy. i was feelin good iwth my cold yesterday.l but i guess it just hit harder to day. i mean i dont feel "sick" my nose is ok and bla bla just really hazy in the head lol. sigh so much for the perfict atendance at shcool this year. lmao.

WildCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by tree68 on December 21st 2008, 6:23 am

aw folks where are you all? Question good night alllllll till next time? Very Happy

its evening 11pm - tom watching dvd "Absolutely Fabulous".

me trying to catch up here... only to find none posted since tenth December. scratch

my simple xmas shopping is done - oops gotta wrap those up for tomorrow - tonight! using up all the old xmas paper since they all get torn off anyways. lol!

my wee plastic xmas tree is up but without my usual mess of decorations collected over the years - cant find that xmas decorations box after moving two wardrobes out of our two car garage for our son Owen and Tanya. tiny lights to be strung up soon - whenever. merry drunk

Today my sister came with hubby son and his partner - to see my chicks Smile all in a row later on a neighbour with two toddlers came to see chicks. Horse neighbour Maggie came over to invite us over to her house on xmas day for a roast dinner.

I staked tomato plants and propped cucumber plants within three poles and wirenetting. Weeded here and there.

Hoping all goes well for all you CP members and your families during the christmas/holiday times! tree3
tree68

Back to top Go down

Post by Okie on December 23rd 2008, 11:33 am

Good Morning All. It has really been cold here. This is the coldest it has been this early here since 1901. I have one heat lamp on my bigger chicks and two on my younger chicks. These are outside brooder house chicks. I have two younger batches that are still in the house. Stinky little devils. It got cold enough several days this past week for the waterers to freeze on the side away from the heat lamp. I have been hauling buckets of hot water out to pour on top of the frozen water in the tractor waterers. So far the chickens are all doing fine. The forecast for the next couple of weeks is showing warmer weather. Praise the Lord.
We are getting a little low on Propane, will have to take out a mortgage and get a load delivered. I really don't have any idea what it is going for now. Last time it was $2.40 a gallon. affraid
I have just about everything bought for Christmas. I need to get to wrapping. I hope you each and every one have a wonderful Christmas. Smile
Okie

Back to top Go down

Post by Deb on December 23rd 2008, 1:23 pm

Merry Christmas Okie. Sorry you are struggling with a cold snap. Thankfully, if there is an up side to not having farm animals anymore, I don't have to go bash about with frozen waterers.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Belair54 on December 31st 2008, 9:34 am

Yup, well Im up and its a beautiful last day of hte year in Oklahoma type beautifulllllllllllllllllll.

Sitting here looking out the window at the sun a comin.......

Good mornin allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
Belair54

Back to top Go down

Post by tree68 on December 31st 2008, 9:38 pm

good day to you allll ... mmm ... happy new year Wink

warm fresh air coming at me thru an opened window here... blue skies - chooks and chicks sunbathing and dustbathing...

mmm i need to go and make lunch - a late one with 4 corn thins spread with vegemite, cottage cheese - half an avocado and a chopped tomato.

gotta remember to take pics of my chicks - yikes they're old chicks! giggle tree3
tree68

Back to top Go down

Post by Deb on January 1st 2009, 11:19 pm

Happy new year all! Just hibernating here till I see the spring flowers push up through the snow...lol.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Belair54 on January 4th 2009, 1:13 am

Just in from the ranch. Weather was fine but not so now. Its forty and falling.

I guess its a little late for Good Morning so
In prep for tomorrow....................GOOD MORNING ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL Very Happy
Belair54

Back to top Go down

Post by tree68 on January 5th 2009, 5:40 am

tree3 good evening - a beautiful day... been one of the best days yesterday and today - not cold not hot not very windy - from 21c to 23c.

been pruning a dense box shrub growing branches right down to the ground - making more room in the wee run for 24 hens and 10 chicks - mothers and babies had a great time looking for insects in the cuttings and the ground underneath that had been untouched for years.

tom went out to the library - walked - visited his friends who made him stay and have lunch with them. he found me in the chicken run ... piling the cuttings into the wheelbarrow - to be burnt one damp day :p

i walked sam my dog to an old man's home and found him also in the garden - gave me some of his wee bush basil plants Smile i then walked in opposite direction to round the corner to weed ruth's garden for some puha weeds for chooks' treat (ruth is away for hols - she knows i do this sometimes).

chooks dust bathed in the glass house twice in two weeks - sigh the holes they made and ate number of lettuce and silver beet. gotta remember to shut the blinky door!

expecting yet another lovely day tomorrow... no plans tho except for taking pics of eveything outside :p

you all take care - count your blessings and have fun - hugs alllll tree3
tree68

Back to top Go down

Post by Belair54 on January 17th 2009, 11:06 am

Jus thought I would pop in and say hey...................Hope allis well every where.
Saw a post on Dear Deb so gotta get to that one...........bye. Very Happy
Belair54

Back to top Go down

Post by Belair54 on January 18th 2009, 11:33 am

welp, today is going to be a great one.
Lite southerly wind, warm skys, got lots ta do and not enough time too do them
Belair54

Back to top Go down

Post by tree68 on January 19th 2009, 11:25 pm

tree3 well well omg i posted on 5th January?!

today is 20th (NZ)

congrats on new president of usa Smile here's the link of American Sign Language ... enjoy Wink

http://nz.youtube.com/watch?v=67V8qWQd_EM&eurl=http://gnarlydorkette.blogspot.com/2009/01/for-president-obama-your-name-sign-from.html&feature=player_embedded

mmm what have i been doing in the past few weeks? Shocked

- repotted four pot plants yesterday - been in garden an hour every day...
- tieing up tomato plants - watering them all
- digging up new area for silverbeet (will plant them next time i go there)
- took pics of my chicks as well as i can mothers are getting in the way or other hens shooing chicks away to grab their food.
-pruning here and there - cutting dead flowers - weeding whenever i can.
- watered silverbeet plants well and covered soil around them with grass clipping thus keeping them cool and damp.
- dumped kitchen scraps on top of chooks' poo in 'compost bin' and covered the lot with grass clippings.
- raked back all the grass clippings back into garden from the lawns (mothers and chooks had been scratching that onto lawns :p)
- walking sam round the corner in order for him to crap in his own selected private areas lol
- yesterday i met a couple who just moved in ten days ago by giving them half dozen eggs and they invited me to see their own view of muriwai beach from their back deck - aw-inspiring view! Very Happy

tomorrow i am going out to lunch with deaf girlfriends all nearly 70 - one just turned 70 Smile never too young to get together? Razz

tree3
tree68

Back to top Go down

Post by Okie on January 29th 2009, 7:49 pm

Hello folks. I am still alive and kicking. I've been busy with chickens and chinchillas. lol
I have 4 three day old chicks I put in with week old chicks in an inside brooder. I have about 20 chicks that are around a month old that are in one outside brooder. Two groups of older chicks that are from a couple months up to about three and a half months old in a bigger outside brooder. I think there are about 30 to 35 in that group.
I have eggs in one incubator due the 31st and other bunch due the 7th and I just stuck 65 eggs in the third incubator.
I have been selling enough hatching eggs to pay for feed, but haven't listed in the past two weeks and I am feeling the feel bill in my pocket. I need to list some on Saturday for sure.
We had an ice storm come through three days ago. It was cold and yukky, but we didn't lose power. The ice is gone now except for a patch here and there. Tomorrow should see the last of any ice left.
I am looking forward to warm weather and spring gardening. I think I will plant a small orchard and an herb garden this year.
I came down with a cold on Christmas day and have been fighting it ever since. I about killed myself. I coughed and coughed and go so desperate that I took some prescription cough meds my husband had. Little did I know it contained Codeine. I am highly allergic and just nearly met me maker. I was able to get rid of enough of it that it finally wore off, but I was just about ready to go to the ER. For someone who hasn't been to a doctor in close to 6 yrs, that tells you how scared I was. LOL
I think I told y'all about my mama dog getting hit by a car. I got my new puppy a couple of weeks ago. She is half Great Pyrenees half Anatolian Shepard. I named her Annie. Smile
I will try to get in here more often, but looks like I'm not the only one holed up for the Winter.
Come On Spring!!!
Okie

Back to top Go down

Post by Okie on January 29th 2009, 7:54 pm

OOPs, I didn't tell you about the Chinchillas.
I have had a male chinchilla since April. My Sister gave me her three females. I hope to start breeding them and sell to pet stores. The other morning the three females decided to chew the zip ties that hold an outside tube on the cage. They all three ended up under the couch in the other end of the house. My son in law worked three hours trapping them. He acted scared of them until he caught the first and I just reached in and picked her up. Then he really got more involved with herding the other two into the trap cage. I don't know what he thought the little things were gonna do to him, but he looked a little sheepish. LOL
Okie

Back to top Go down

Post by Deb on January 29th 2009, 10:28 pm

Hee hee, a big tough man afraid of a furry little baby. Too cute! Glad to see you pop in and give an update. It sounds like you are completely over run with chicks at the moment. Glad your health is ok after that scare too.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Belair54 on January 30th 2009, 1:50 am

I......am.......really.......tired.......of.......ice.......storms.......in......Oklahoma!
Belair54

Back to top Go down

Post by Deb on January 30th 2009, 12:53 pm

hug1 awwwwwwwwww comfort smootch

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down