The Chicken Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good Morning Allllllllllllllllllllllllll

+9
ajharris
wolfpenfarm
Okie
ferdismom
tree68
Admin
Dustin Biery
Deb
Belair54
13 posters

Page 6 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Go down

Good Morning Allllllllllllllllllllllllll - Page 6 Empty Re: Good Morning Allllllllllllllllllllllllll

Post by Deb August 13th 2008, 9:36 pm

I have a question. You all talk like you have known each other for years, yet you just joined this site recently. Can I ask how you all know each other?
Deb
Deb
Admin

http://p103.ezboard.com/bfeatheredfriends

Back to top Go down

Good Morning Allllllllllllllllllllllllll - Page 6 Empty Re: Good Morning Allllllllllllllllllllllllll

Post by wolfpenfarm August 13th 2008, 9:57 pm

Deb wrote:I have a question. You all talk like you have known each other for years, yet you just joined this site recently. Can I ask how you all know each other?
OHh LOL Smile Uhmmm I live 7 miles from Sarah. Very Happy Okie lives south of us about 5 hours. I think all of us met on Homesteading today over 2 years ago.

wolfpenfarm

Back to top Go down

Post by ajharris August 13th 2008, 10:09 pm

wolfpenfarm wrote:
Deb wrote:I have a question. You all talk like you have known each other for years, yet you just joined this site recently. Can I ask how you all know each other?
OHh LOL Smile Uhmmm I live 7 miles from Sarah. Very Happy Okie lives south of us about 5 hours. I think all of us met on Homesteading today over 2 years ago.

Don't forget me you little bugger. lol!
ajharris
ajharris

http://www.freewebs.com/ajharris/

Back to top Go down

Post by wolfpenfarm August 13th 2008, 10:21 pm

ajharris wrote:
wolfpenfarm wrote:

Don't forget me you little bugger. lol!

Uhm yeah mandy too Smile

Sorry

wolfpenfarm

Back to top Go down

Post by Okie August 13th 2008, 10:42 pm

I just wrote a really long reply and my computer ate it. LOL
Yes, we all met on Homesteadingtoday forum. We were involved in a heated discussion on whether Israel is still the chosen people. We recognized fellow believers and have more or less bonded into a cyber family. Steve was in Georgia, Sarah in Kansas and Mandy and I are in Oklahoma. Steve was looking to move closer to one of us due to health problems. Sarah found him a house before I did. He moved to Kansas and within a month or so had open heart surgery. Thanks to Sarah for making him go to the doctor or we probably wouldn't have him with us today. Mandy and I have talked to Steve on the phone and computer. Steve and Sarah know each other in real life. We met Sarah and her husband when they came down and did some animal trading. I hope to meet Steve in real life someday. Smile
I found this site through a google search for chicken forums. It seemed like a nice smaller place where people really interact with the others instead of just posting opinions. I liked what I saw, so I invited my family. Smile
Brenda is a new friend we made on a Marans chicken forum. Smile
Okie
Okie

Back to top Go down

Post by Deb August 13th 2008, 11:55 pm

LOL, it kind of seemed like you all arrived 'together'. Yes, you have (all) walked into another little group as close knit and caring and understanding as the one you all have together. So, forgive me for being so blunt about asking...but, we are a close knit group and the rush of membership made me sit up straight. I have been moderating/admining for years and have seen groups arrive which have not been good. I am not saying I saw any problems here...just old issues learned the hard way.

We are happy you are of the same group mentality as ours. This board was started due to issues that occurred on a site that grew too big too fast. Please kick off your shoes and run your toes in the carpets and relax. Home is the nicest place in the world to be. Wink
Deb
Deb
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tree68 August 14th 2008, 1:53 am

this thread makes my heart very happy and warm... i've always liked the idea of natural living - close to soil home and anything organic.

i loved hearing from people who survived in their own lives and yet end up with a positive and happy outlook Very Happy

which puts me to shame... congratulations to all of ya here... especially very happy to hear about all of you four new members... welcome Smile
tree68
tree68

Back to top Go down

Post by Okie August 14th 2008, 8:55 am

I appreciate the warm welcome we have all received here. ((((HUGS))) Thanks. Smile

Nice cool morning here in my part of Oklahoma. The goats kept knocking down the shelter I had rigged up for them. Mandy and I rigged up another one that maybe will hold for a week or so. The pen they are in is not going to be a permanent goat pen. One doe went back to Mandy's house since she had all but dried up. A cup a day is what she was giving and she acted like it was beginning to hurt to be milked. There is more rain in the forecast for the next couple of days. So the permanent house in the permanent pen will have to be set on the back burner. Mandy has some running in town to do for the both of us, so I will keep the Grandkids and hold down the Fort. We make a pretty good team. Smile
Okie
Okie

Back to top Go down

Post by wolfpenfarm August 14th 2008, 8:50 pm

tree68 wrote:this thread makes my heart very happy and warm... i've always liked the idea of natural living - close to soil home and anything organic.

i loved hearing from people who survived in their own lives and yet end up with a positive and happy outlook Very Happy

which puts me to shame... congratulations to all of ya here... especially very happy to hear about all of you four new members... welcome Smile
Oh trust me its not all positive and happy Very Happy..... Sometimes we just sit back and wonder if its worth it. Shoot, i know i could probably go move into some govt housing in some city, and do nothing whatsoever. I would be within walking distance to most things and could sit back and afford cable and watch myself into oblivion. But then, i wouldn't have goats ;D and chickens, and horse, and my best friend Smile

wolfpenfarm

Back to top Go down

Post by Okie August 14th 2008, 11:30 pm

It's like I tell the men around here. There are always reruns on TV, but none on life. I may sit in front of the TV when I am too old and feeble to do anything else. I hope I never see the day I have to settle for that kind of Entertainment. It will mean there are no chickens left for me to watch. Sad
Okie
Okie

Back to top Go down

Post by tree68 August 15th 2008, 5:16 am

good morning folks - my first thought after reading the last post... aw be positive...then i thought what about me? what did i do?
Got up late in morning - after inhalers, supplements and stewed apple/yoghurt - i fed chooks and picked up poos in coop. came inside carrying and put away 4 eggs to watch tv news for a bit. Fed Sam before having toasted sandwich and coffee. Drove to help friend Bev but she didn't want to do anything but suggested visiting our classmate who i haven't seen for years.

What a shock to find her in a neat but very warm little cottage in a village nearby - looking very well but uses stick in case of her dizziness and appears to have lost heaps of memory. Bev asked after her sisters and brothers, daugher and four sons - didn't remember where excatly they are, vaguely says daughter and one son is in america, one sister passed on, getting names mixed up...

We went for a drive looking for a place that buys perserving jars (her idea) - couldn't remember where? we ended up having coffee and hot chocolate in a cafe inside the warehouse.

After dropping her off and drove home - weather wasn't very nice at all... changed my top clothes for dry ones.

Day is quite boring by your standards but we are all 70 next year - giggles.

Then i said "aw be positive" giggles at least i can drive, walk unaided, walk a dog, have 24 chickens and know where all my friends and families are. So i do hope you all will be like that or even better? Very Happy
tree68
tree68

Back to top Go down

Post by Okie August 15th 2008, 9:50 am

I plan on going till I can't go no more. Then I will have the grandkids put me in a wagon and take me on another round. LOL
I know that with my back in the shape it is, a hard fall could stop me from ever walking again. I have already looked things over around here and figured out a places for ramps for one of those scooter thingys. I have figured out ways I could still raise chickens and even a garden if it comes to that. I will still be living until they kick dirt in my face. Too many people quit living and only exist. That goes for people who are incapacitated or not. Life is for living and for passing on what you have learned to the next generations. I do my best to make the most of every day the God Lord sees fit to let me stay here. Smile

Thunder rumbled across the skies most of yesterday evening and last night. We were out of power for a couple of hours two different times yesterday. Bless those linemen who have to get out in the storms to get the lights turned back on.
I think I am going to try to catch up roosters today. I had intended to do it a couple of days ago, but life got in the way. I have a man coming to buy 2 of the roosters and maybe up to 5 for breeding purposes. A few of these other boys will get to stay until I see whether their brothers are going to be good breeders. The others will be going in canning jars to fill my belly when the North winds blow cold. Smile
With the ground so wet, I may try to pull out some weeds that got away from me. Some are looking like small trees.
Okie
Okie

Back to top Go down

Post by Okie August 16th 2008, 10:55 am

Just more of the same old same old today. Smile
Okie
Okie

Back to top Go down

Post by Deb August 16th 2008, 1:11 pm

It's been a week. A pretty stressful week. It's over. I'm glad. It's sunny out and nice and super hot. Going to enjoy the sunshine behind the glass and relax in an airconditioned house and maybe not do anything today.
Deb
Deb
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tree68 August 17th 2008, 12:23 am

well - i woke up to a very rainy morning and decided to have hot cup of black tea in bed watching Olymics i had missed by falling asleep... good to see NZ winning the gold for her shot put.

after feeding chooks using hot water/mash/bread/wheat and watching marathon - having lunch we went to a small art gallery opening today - thankfully weather cleared while we were out.

we had a cup of coffee and a cake each on way home in a new village's cafe at waimauku.

temp is dropping - i will go and feed my chooks with hot water and others now... cya when i see ya Wink
tree68
tree68

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin August 19th 2008, 12:37 am

I am glad that you liked what you saw and joined and brought you budds with you lol

lets see I so remember canning time at my little gramma's(giggle she was real short hence the little gramma)and there always seamed to be a hen with chicks in her back porch, had to watch out for the gander he was a big meanine, he met his end when he tried to fight with a lawn mower, I loved going into their barn to see all their cows and calves and loved the barn smells well most of them lol
adored going to gather the eggs for little gramma, after she passed I got to get her nest boxes I had them till they fell apart
I remember hunting season there too, not the hunting part lol when they processed what they had got, I think that is why I love venison to this day my Great uncles always hunted and had loads of hunting dogs, I loved to listen to them bay lol
lol enough of my rambling for now Razz
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://thechickenpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Okie August 19th 2008, 9:40 am

I love the smell of a barn or a feed store. Just a chicken house doesn't have the same smell at all. LOL

It has rained off and on for several days now. The chicken house is sure getting smelly and not in a good way. I have enjoyed the cooler weather, but I am ready for a few days of sunshine. The poor goats are to. They really hate the rain. The milk production has been down some to. I have been waiting to catch and seperate all these free ranging chickens, but I am going to have to play in the mud before long and get them seperated. I may work on some tractors today if the weather allows. Smile
Okie
Okie

Back to top Go down

Post by Okie August 25th 2008, 8:24 pm

I still don't have chickens seperated into the groups they belong. It seems like we have been on the go constantly, but end up right back where we started. With all the rain, the plants in the garden have put out new growth. There are blooms on the tomatoes, peppers, squash and Okra. I plan on working on pulling some plants that are spent and doing some general cleaning on a garden tomorrow. I need to get it ready to plant some Fall Greens. I may just broadcast them amongst the other plants. Smile
Okie
Okie

Back to top Go down

Post by Deb August 25th 2008, 10:55 pm

Sorry I'm so quiet. I'm very ill and just praying for a quick death or an instant cure. Day 3 down...heading for day 4. Will get more talkative upon recooperation.
Deb
Deb
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Okie August 26th 2008, 5:47 pm

I am so sorry you are sick. I will be praying for a quick and total recovery for you. (((Hugs)))
Okie
Okie

Back to top Go down

Post by Deb August 26th 2008, 7:47 pm

Thanks Okie. Just got back from the Doc. Contagious, acute, asthmatic, bronchitis and acute sinusitis. The sinusitis is actually collapsing my ear canal on the right side.

The doc's words...Lucky you to get hit so severe and at the same time with both of them. Yes, death is probably a very preferable cure at the moment, but here...have some pills and live another day.

Gee, thanks Doc.
Deb
Deb
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin August 26th 2008, 10:58 pm

hope you get to feeling better soon beautiful
being sick is no fun take it easy now and get lots of rest
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustin Biery August 28th 2008, 11:30 pm

Well guys, I know at this time, it isn't morning, but I just thought this would be a good place for others to see my post. I think I am the only mod who hasn't posted on any of the updated threads....But I will give a quick rundown of myself for everyone....

I am almost 25. I have raised chickens for nearly 15 years, of and on. Edit** Also thought I would throw it out there that I went to the University of Arkansas for three years, where I was a poultry science major and competed nationally on their poultry judging team. I won 1st place as an individual in regionals and we won 1st place as a team at nationals. ** I have known most of the other members here for a little over a year, a few longer. I live in NW Arkansas on a 2 acre mini-farm. I raise bloodhounds and bantam cochins. I currently have 5 bloodhounds and a maltese. I also have two inside birds, a cockateil and a rosella. I work for Halliburton Energy Services and go to school full time. I will graduate in April with a degree in Business. My sister, her husband, and their little girl live with me while they finish up their degrees, as they are both full time college students as well.

Thats the short version....But I am certainly glad to have all of you here, and am throughly excited to see all the new posts on the forum. I hope you guys find this place as relaxing as the rest of us do. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact myself or the other Admins. (they are the boss, I just pretend). Anna and Deb have both been great in customizing this forum to what the members want. If you have suggestions, feel free to shout at us. Look forward to getting to know all of you.
Dustin Biery
Dustin Biery

http://bierygame.webs.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin August 29th 2008, 12:03 am

ooooooooooooooooooooo yay it's te long lost mod Razz
heya Dustin my man it is great to see you here
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deb August 29th 2008, 2:20 am

Who is that masked man??? neener
Deb
Deb
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next