The Chicken Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For WildCherry - Autisim or better yet, Asperger's Disorder

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

For WildCherry - Autisim or better yet, Asperger's Disorder Empty For WildCherry - Autisim or better yet, Asperger's Disorder

Post by Deb October 22nd 2008, 8:20 pm

Autism Society of America
http://www.autism-society.org/site/PageServer?pagename=life_aspergers_working

Educational Issues
Because children with Asperger's Disorder may be only mildly affected, they may begin school prior to being diagnosed. During the elementary years, behavioral issues and immaturity may be a problem but academically these children frequently do quite well. Their ability to memorize information, do calculations and focus intensively serves them well. But as they move through the school system, difficulties with social skills, language and obsessive behaviors become more problematic and may leave them vulnerable to teasing from classmates.

Getting special education services may be difficult because children with AS have normal or above-normal intelligence and appear capable. However, every child with disabilities is guaranteed a free, appropriate public education through the Individuals with Disabilities Education Improvement Act (IDEIA). Keep in mind that IDEIA establishes that an appropriate educational program must be provided, not necessarily an "ideal" program or the one you feel is best for your child. The law specifies that educational placement should be determined individually for each child, based on that child's specific needs, not solely on the diagnosis or category. No one program or amount of services is appropriate for all children with disabilities. It is important that you work with the school to obtain the educational support and services that your child needs.

The first step should be a comprehensive needs assessment that will become the blueprint for your child's educational plan. Then, in collaboration with your child's school and teachers, you should develop a well-defined and thorough Individualized Education Plan (IEP). The IEP is a written document that outlines the child's individual educational program, tailored to his or her needs. A program appropriate for one child with Asperger's Disorder may not be appropriate for another.

While many children with Asperger's Disorder may participate in mainstream society, they still need support services. Teachers need to be informed that these children are not simply acting up or being difficult.

Counselors can provide emotional support and assist with social skills, helping children with AS to learn how to react to social cues and situations. Children with Asperger's Disorder may have a "buddy" who serves as a role model for social situations and may facilitate interactions with others by explaining appropriate behavior.

Speech and language therapists may help in the use of appropriate language, and occupational therapists can deal with delays in motor development.

Dr. Stephen Bauer, a developmental pediatrician at the Pediatric Development Center of Unity Health in Rochester, New York, suggests that the most important step in helping children with Asperger's Disorder is for schools to recognize that the child has "an inherent developmental disorder which causes him/her to behave and respond in a different way from other students." Because children with Asperger's Disorder respond best to a regular, organized routine, Bauer recommends the use of charts and pictures to help the child visualize the day and to prepare him or her for any changes in advance. Bauer also emphasizes the need to avoid power struggles since children with Asperger's Disorder will become more rigid and stubborn if confronted or forced.
(Continued on the site.)

Autism Research Institute
http://www.autism.com/individuals/guidlifeon.htm

My Life With Autism: Implications for Educators
By Stephen Shore

The Autism Bomb and Preschool
After 18 months of normal development, I was hit with the "autism bomb," became nonverbal, and was diagnosed with "Atypical Development with strong autistic tendencies and psychotic." The diagnosing professionals considered me "too sick" to be treated on an outpatient basis and recommended that I be institutionalized. However, my parents, refuting their suggestions, supplied a crucial, home-based early intervention program emphasizing sensory integration, music, movement, imitation and narration -- all long before such service was formally conceived.

My mother would try to get me to imitate her, but to no avail. Finally, she imitated me; and in doing so, I became aware of all within my environment. The educational implication of this strategy is the importance of meeting the student (whether on the autism spectrum or not) where they are cognitively and developmentally before new material can be learned. If that means flapping and rocking with the child until they are aware of your presence, then that is what should be done before moving on to other material. My parents had no psychological or educational experience, but just did what good parents needed to do for their child. Although I didn't start to regain verbal skills until age four, with the help from my parents and later from teachers and professionals, I am now completing my doctoral degree in special education at Boston University, with a focus on helping autistic people develop their capacities to the fullest extent possible.

At age four, after my parents finally convinced the school that originally recommended I should be institutionalized to accept me, I spent a year there before transitioning to a nursery school program. Unfortunately, entering public school kindergarten at age six was an academic and social disaster. Although I was in regular education, I probably needed a program splitting my time between a special education resource room and regular classroom with assistance from an aide.
(Continued on the site.)

http://www.autism-society.org/site/DocServer/EH_childrens_corner_school.pdf?docID=4742
7910 Woodmont Avenue Suite 300
Bethesda, MD 20814-3067
Web: www.autism-society.org Phone: 800.328.8476
Page 1 of 2
©2006 Autism Society of America

The Children’s Corner School: Combining Diet and Education for Optimum Results
By Stan Kurtz

My world collapsed when my son Ethan was diagnosed as having autism at 20 months old. I had no idea what to do with my overwhelming feelings of devastation and loss; and so began what I would consider an obsessive and aggressive quest to recover my son. That was three years ago.

Today, Ethan is a lot like any other five-year-old. He attends kindergarten, where he is indistinguishable from his peers. I left my career as a technology executive, and now own and run Children's Corner School in Van Nuys, Calif. It is one of the most individualized schools in the country for pre-school and kindergarten-aged children.

The Children’s Corner School is changing the way people think about health and schooling by employing a combination of traditional education, sensory techniques and a unique whole-family approach to nutrition.

After struggling to find answers for Ethan, I decided to open a school where education, diet and other techniques are combined to help form the optimum health conditioning for early childhood. It all works together and goes far beyond what we know about "food as fuel." It’s about how food can have profound effects on mood, brain functioning, chronic illness, including autism spectrum disorder, and general
quality of life.

We saw amazing things happen when we started using the same dietary techniques at the school that we used to help recover my son. Children with asthma, eczema, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), aggression, sensory issues and speech delays began improving--sometimes in days. We understood the implications of diet on autism spectrum disorder, but we were completely surprised at the
broad range of chronic illnesses that were aggravated or alleviated by diet.
(Continued on the site.)

http://www.autism-society.org/site/News2?page=NewsArticle&id=11423

New Book Highlights Unique Early Education Program for Children with Autism
Thursday, May 22, 2008
By: Carin Yavorcik

Program can improve options for parents and school districts.

It’s Time for School! provides valuable support and training in services once thought to be out of reach for many schools. The book was written by the Autism Partnership, whose Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) classroom model has been used in some of the largest school districts in the United States, namely Las Virgenes Unified School District in California, Clark County School District in Nevada, Los Alamitos Unified School District in California and Knox County Schools in Tennessee. The publication of It’s Time for School! Building Quality ABA Educational Programs for Students with Autism Spectrum Disorders makes it possible for all schools to take an important first step in setting up system-wide services to address the needs of children diagnosed with autism.
(Continued on the site.)

http://www.autism-society.org/site/PageServer?pagename=life_edu_IEP

The Individualized Education Plan (IEP) is a written document that outlines a child's education. As the name implies, the educational program should be tailored to the individual student to provide maximum educational benefit. The key word is individual. A program that is appropriate for one child with autism may not be appropriate for another.

The IEP is the cornerstone for the education of a child with a disability. It should identify the services a child needs so that he/she may grow and learn during the school year. It is also a legal document that outlines:

The child's special education plan by defining goals for the school year Services needed to help the child meet those goals. A method of evaluating the student's progress. The objectives, goals and selected services are not just a collection of ideas on how the school may educate a child; the school district must educate your child in accordance with the IEP.
(Continued on the site.)

Found all of that and so much much more here: Autism Collaboration
http://www.autism.org/
In the search box, all I did was type in schools. So much came up it was overwhelming. Type in laws, or child rights, or what ever you need to help those at the school offer your son's god given right to a proper education.

Loves ya,
Deb
Deb
Deb
Admin

http://p103.ezboard.com/bfeatheredfriends

Back to top Go down

For WildCherry - Autisim or better yet, Asperger's Disorder Empty Re: For WildCherry - Autisim or better yet, Asperger's Disorder

Post by tree68 October 23rd 2008, 1:05 am

wow - dee - great searching results!!!
tree68
tree68

Back to top Go down

For WildCherry - Autisim or better yet, Asperger's Disorder Empty Re: For WildCherry - Autisim or better yet, Asperger's Disorder

Post by WildCherry October 23rd 2008, 9:39 am

"Educational Issues
Because children with Asperger's Disorder may be only mildly affected, they may begin school prior to being diagnosed. During the elementary years, behavioral issues and immaturity may be a problem but academically these children frequently do quite well."

he did start school with out us knowing about his issue. he never had any behavor issues in tell this year. (i feel cuz he has giveing up and fallin in to the idel that "im failin any way what does it mater " class clown syndreom if you will) academically he is a overly intelagent child we see this. but cuz of very speratic test resolts we can not prove this on paper where it needs to be. there for academically he is failing.

"difficulties with social skills, language and obsessive behaviors become more problematic and may leave them vulnerable to teasing from classmates."

been there. sigh

"Keep in mind that IDEIA establishes that an appropriate educational program must be provided, not necessarily an "ideal" program or the one you feel is best for your child."

yeah dealin with that now. and no i do not expect ideal or perfection out of this. just resonable for him"

The IEP is a written document that outlines the child's individual educational program, tailored to his or her needs. A program appropriate for one child with Asperger's Disorder may not be appropriate for another. ".

yup set up a "new" game plan for him the other day. but it really has not chaged form last year much. they still have him under the A.D.D. plans as they refuse to acept he is NOT ADD. sigh or any way near it.

"Counselors can provide emotional support and assist with social skills, helping children with AS to learn how to react to social cues and situations."

or they can become your kids most favorit friend at school and be so closed minded that they are trying to force your kid in to their cookie cuter misconseptions of the clear facts? only mixing them up more in the head and sending htem in to a new trun of issues.

"may have a "buddy" who serves as a role model for social situations"

yeah a class CUCK FULL OF ADHD kids and "buyddys" hece IMHO helpin him wiht his 'class clown syndrom" as i like to call it this year.

"Speech and language therapists may help in the use of appropriate language, and occupational therapists can deal with delays in motor development."

YUP got one of them too. lol

." Because children with Asperger's Disorder respond best to a regular, organized routine, Bauer recommends the use of charts and pictures to help the child visualize the day and to prepare him or her for any changes in advance. Bauer also emphasizes the need to avoid power struggles since children with Asperger's Disorder will become more rigid and stubborn if confronted or forced."

DUH YA THINK?

"After 18 months of normal development, I was hit with the "autism bomb," became nonverbal"

NO WAY? REALLY? golly gee never would have thought. (rolls eyes)

"Unfortunately, entering public school kindergarten at age six was an academic and social disaster."

im hearing the man. boy o boy im hearing him loud and clear there.

The IEP is the cornerstone for the education of a child with a disability. It should identify the services a child needs so that he/she may grow and learn during the school year. It is also a legal document that outlines:
The child's special education plan by defining goals for the school year Services needed to help the child meet those goals. A method of evaluating the student's progress. The objectives, goals and selected services are not just a collection of ideas on how the school may educate a child; the school district must educate your child in accordance with the IEP.''

yupers but for the IEP to work you must first get the team to understand that the child is infact a "Individual" and not a number or a stario typ ADD.

AND THAT is our prob we can not medicly PROVE terry is Asperger's Disorder the test resolts are all over the dam place and with soo many differant counslers doc and programs. its not comeing to gether. and many times when bits and peaces start to fall in place many test are tossed out the window for the new years test resolts.

the past resolts and mounting info from over ALL HIS YEARS are over looked for the "new" years plans of action. meanin new teachers new counslers new team. never really resurchin the past teams work. and puting it all together. the only fators that are consistant in all this mess is terry my self. and the fact he is NOT PASSIN.

WildCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by Deb October 23rd 2008, 11:00 am

WC...there is a wonderful clinic up here in Portland that would probably be able to give the proper testing and diagnosis for your Terry. I think they even go so far as to plan out HOW he should be taught in school and pretty much it becomes 'law'....the school not having a choice but to comply. Do you want me to look into a medical grant that would allow for your and Terry's travel, accomodations, and testing to take place???? Let's get this boy (ok, the school but boy first) on the right track.
Deb
Deb
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WildCherry October 23rd 2008, 11:22 am

sure hun if you can get some phone numbers for me that woudl be great ill see if they can help. i mean its worth a try to see after all. i think we are out of choices here in our area.

so sure im a wilin to give them a call. Smile

dan wants a meeting set up this monday or next monday. he hasnt really gone to any meetings for any of the kids. but when he heard that terrys counsler "sugested" (cough more like demanded cough) that he beplaced on drugs for this. he got pissed.

dan and i both are 100% against medacations of this typ with a child. and for a few reasons.
1. he is only 10 yrs old meaning his mind has not yet fully devleoped. (what are the long trum reactions to his mind if it is medated now at this age to work the way they think it should?) counsler reply to that question was as fallows. "dont worry about long trum he needs help now" with a long drawn out list of scitctics includeding and not limited to failin of high school, inabity to hold a job, self distruction, deprestion, and a high chance of "medacating him self with street drugs." LMAO sounds to me just like any posable chances and choices for ALL TEENS in this day and age... maybe she forgot to do her resurch that shows 89% of teens using and dealing drugs now days are infact finding them in there oun bathroom cabnets? mm odd how she was not willing to show consern for long trum efects of a medaded stund brain of a person. just the numbers she had been trained to use. and for the here and now time line of wich would require her to be a active part of this childs life.

2. personal experance with children on these typs of drugs. my brother for one. was infact serveraly ADHD. boy had to where a helmit on his head for almost 10 yrs of his life. at the age of 5 the doc findly diagnosed him with ADHD. by the age of 7 he was comited in to a hospital for atemting to kill him self with a sharp blade many times. as well as for speaking poorly of any reason for life. in general most kids are afraid of death. most dont want to die. not my only personal experance with these drugs and kids by a long shot. nor for my husband eather infact has a buddy whoms son did infact kill him self. at only the age of 12. started showing these signs after the start of the meds at the age of 10. NO WONDER the drug has such a high ranking. the kids useing it do fantastic in there abitlys to focus will on the drug. they dont tend to miss the mark of the right vital artary or vain.

those are just 2 reasons we have but there are others.

WildCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by Deb October 23rd 2008, 11:46 am

Oregon Health & Sciences University
http://www.ohsu.edu/cdrc/clinical/portland/autism.html
Autism Program
Scope of Care
The CDRC Autism Program provides services to children with established or suspected symptoms on the autism spectrum. We provide diagnostic evaluations, treatment and ongoing consultation to the families we serve. Our program is comprised of an interdisciplinary team of clinical psychologists, developmental pediatricians, speech/language pathologists, occupational therapists, audiologists, physical therapists, and a family consultant who come together to understand the individual differences and needs of each child we meet. Our goal is to provide competent interdisciplinary care for children and their families in a supportive and caring environment, where parents are respected and believed to be their child's best advocate. Our mission is to improve the quality of life for individuals on the autism spectrum and their families through partnerships with families, professionals, and the autism community.

You should be able to receive State assistance for costs that your insurance will not cover here:
CA Dept. of Mental Health
http://www.dmh.cahwnet.gov/Services_and_Programs/Children_and_Youth/default.asp
Programs for Children and YouthThe California Department of Mental Health administers a number of programs for children and youth. The programs’ services are directly provided at the local level by counties and their contract providers. To find local mental health services, contact your local county mental health agency .

PROGRAMS
Children’s System of Care/Interage Enrollee-Based Program (IEBP)
Early Mental Health Initiative (EMHI)
Early and Periodic Screening, Treatment, & Diagnosis (EPSDT) (Medi-Cal)
Mental Health Services Act (Prop. 63)
Mental Health Services for Special Education Pupils (AB 3632)
FIND SERVICES
The Network of Care for Mental Health is a great resource to obtain information about mental health issues and to search for a wide variety of mental health and other support services in your local community. To find local mental health services, contact your local county mental health agency .

For more information about California Department of Mental Health programs for children and youth, contact the DMH Children and Family Program Policy office at (916) 654-2680.
Deb
Deb
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WildCherry October 23rd 2008, 1:02 pm

SWEET!! ill try that number. Smile thank ya hun .

as for the CA Dept. of Mental Health they cant help us cuz we are not on any state aid. or med a cal. so their "programs are ment to be used for people who have no sorce of income for treatment of a debilatating condition. " or so they told me i think last year or maybe the year befor. when i had callled them.

they did give a list of places and names for me to check out. but all those leads had more dead ends then a tree has leaves.

so i have had to look for docs and stuff that took our inserances. lmao found out shortly that it would seem we have up to 4 differant companys i have to work with to get care. and only ONE is for mental issues. LMAO.

what happend ot the days you called up kiser or blue cross and just told htem you need X kind of doc and they sent you on your way?

lmao haveing the same issues now tryin to find a ear nose and thout doc for julia. i need one that does hearing testing. THIS SHOULD NOT BE HARD PEOPLE!!!! lmao

i think i need to just go back to bed.

WildCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by WildCherry October 23rd 2008, 1:39 pm

http://www.autism-society.org/site/PageServer?pagename=about_whatis_related

Defining Symptomatology
Occasionally with autism there are certain symptoms that become defining of the individual as he/she ages. It is critical not to confuse the evolving, defining symptom as primary in nature, but rather secondary to the syndrome of autism itself. Those symptomatologies are obsessive /compulsive disorder, bipolar disorder, depression, anxiety disorder, epilepsy, and attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder.

hmmmm is it possable his secondary symptom might be attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder??

and yet even still its not the adhd that would need the work its still the base autism that still needs to be adressed FIRST.

http://www.autism-society.org/site/PageServer?pagename=about_FAQ

What is Asperger's Syndrome?
What distinguishes Asperger's Syndrome from autism is the severity of the symptoms and the absence of language delays. Children with Asperger's may be only mildly affected and frequently have good language and cognitive skills. To the untrained observer, a child with Asperger's may seem just like a normal child behaving differently. They may be socially awkward, not understanding of conventional social rules, or show a lack of empathy. They may make limited eye contact, seem to be unengaged in a conversation, and not understand the use of gestures.

One of the major differences between Asperger's Syndrome and autism is that, by definition, there is no speech delay in Asperger's. In fact, children with Asperger's frequently have good language skills; they simply use language in different ways. Speech patterns may be unusual, lack inflection, or have a rhythmic nature or it may be formal, but too loud or high pitched. Children with Asperger's may not understand the subtleties of language, such as irony and humor, or they may not recognize the give-and-take nature of a conversation.

Another distinction between Asperger's Syndrome and autism concerns cognitive ability. While some individuals with autism experience mental retardation, by definition a person with Asperger's cannot possess a "clinically significant" cognitive delay, and most possess average to above-average intelligence.

THIS IS THE FORM i have been telling them for years i think terry is.

WildCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by WildCherry October 23rd 2008, 2:14 pm

LMFAO just got a call form terrys teacher. we have a meeting again on monday. lmao. dan wanted this one set up. so she called to say it was a go.

any way she just mentioned to me.

"you know. i dont knwo what is going on with terry but he is doing ALL HIS math work the last 3 days strat. i dont know what he is doing?"

basicly she was wanting to know why he is doing this now.

LMAO i told her to please not take offenc to this method. but we just clearly told terry. that he has to prove you stupid. lol told him we know and agree they are wrong. DEAD WORNG but in tell its on the paper we cant prove it. so we sent him on a misson in life this year for no other thing but to PROVE YOU STUPID.

she laughed. and said well its working so what ever. lol

i hope i didnt come of as upset with the staff or team workin with terry. they really are good people and they really are tryin to help him. they just dont seem to get terry. or understand.

WildCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by WildCherry October 23rd 2008, 3:28 pm

SORRY THIS POST IS JUST FOR ME TO LOOK AT REALLY. TO MUCH TO PINCEL DOWN LOL. i so need a printer. lol

Autism & Asperger's Syndrome Checklist (High Functioning)

Child keeps to himself when free to play (e.g., lunchtime, recess) X
Child is not interested in team sports or interactive board or playground games X
Child lacks pretend play involving other kids X
Child is not aware of unwritten rules of interaction (e.g., games with made-up rules are difficult) X
Child is indifferent to peer pressure (e.g., clothing style) X
Child has elaborate routines or needs things arranged in a certain way
Child becomes upset by change in schedule
Oversensitivity to sounds or skin contact (e.g., clothing tags) X
Child makes less eye contact then expected X
Child does not modulate voice (e.g., formal monotone, too loud) X
Child is overly fascinated by a topic so collects information (e.g., walking encyclopedia of facts) X
Child’s emotional expression is too much or too little X
Child lacks ability to understand another’s feelings or point of view
Child is uninterested in your side of the conversation (e.g., tends to lecture)
Child interprets statements literally (e.g., misses jokes or sarcasm) X
Child expects others to automatically know how he thinks or feels X
Child makes inappropriate comments and is unaware of their impact on others

ADHD Symptom Checklist

Fails to give close attention to details or makes careless mistakes in schoolwork, work, or other activities
Has difficulty sustaining attention in tasks or play activities x
Does not seem to listen when spoken to directly
Does not follow through on instructions and fails to finish schoolwork, chores, or duties in the workplace x
Has difficulty organizing tasks and activities X
Avoids, dislikes, or is reluctant to engage in tasks that require sustained mental effort (such as homework) x
Loses things necessary for tasks or activities (toys, school assignments, pencils, books, or tools) x
Is easily distracted by outside stimuli
Is forgetful in daily activities

Symptoms of Hyperactivity

Fidgets with hands or feet or squirms in seat
Leaves seat in classroom or in other situations in which remaining seated is expected
Runs about or climbs too much in situations in which it is inappropriate
Has difficulty playing quietly
Is 'on the go' or acts as if 'driven by a motor'
Talks too much

Symptoms of Impulsivity

Burts out answers before questions have been completed
Has difficulty waiting his or her turn
Interrupts or intrudes on others (such as butting into conversations or games)

Last edited by WildCherry on October 23rd 2008, 3:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

WildCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by WildCherry October 23rd 2008, 3:49 pm

ok there ....... thank ya anna for leting me use your board as my personal scrach paper. LMAO. lol

ok up there or the check list for both the conditions we are battlein over with terry.
mmm i think the little red X's tell the tale.

soooo now im judt gonna go take a nap and let my brain frezz up and rest for a wile alfter all this rediging of info im all in a fuzzy haze again.

WildCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by Deb October 24th 2008, 10:55 am

WC, can you copy and paste the 'hit home' segments into an email that you can send to his teacher that you are having the meeting with on Monday?

Might as well arm her with what the truth is in the matter...right?
Deb
Deb
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WildCherry October 24th 2008, 11:33 am

well yeah i could do that.. i mean it woudl be a nice gestor and all.

but i think im gonna keep digin up infor and dirt on this. keep comparing differances of add and ash.

i think it WAY MORE FUN to smack them up side the head of reality.

lmao keeps them on their toes never really knowing what this mommy will pull out her hat this time around. lol

WildCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustin Biery October 26th 2008, 3:11 pm

WC, I want to commend you for your efforts in making sure the school system doesn't push meds on Terry. He is very lucky to have parents that care and truely want what is best for him! I haven't been through anything close to what you are going through, but Im affraid I would have already lost it with the schools. If their counselors dont have a clue what is going on with the students, then they need to get someone else in. Im pretty sure you are his mother and have been to the doctor with him, and interact with him more than both the teacher and the counselor put together. Keep on Keeping on! Your motivation astounds me.

Deb, you are such a giving person and I think that it is great that you have helped with the reseach and info that you have provided. So many people get so hung up on one thing, they see black and white, and no grey. He has Asperger, side effect can be ADD ADHD like symptoms...doesn't mean he is ADD/ADHD, mean he has Aspergers. Jebus crispus, people can be so damn dense at times!!!
Dustin Biery
Dustin Biery

http://bierygame.webs.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin October 27th 2008, 1:19 am

scratch away all you want Mommy if it helps go for it
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://thechickenpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Deb October 27th 2008, 1:59 am

Awww, thanks Dustin. smootch
Deb
Deb
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WildCherry October 28th 2008, 9:06 am

[quote="Dustin Biery"
Deb, you are such a giving person and I think that it is great that you have helped with the reseach and info that you have provided. So many people get so hung up on one thing, they see black and white, and no grey. He has Asperger, side effect can be ADD ADHD like symptoms...doesn't mean he is ADD/ADHD, mean he has Aspergers. Jebus crispus, people can be so damn dense at times!!![/quote]

thanks anna lol Surprised)

yup deb gave me some good leads. my comp is fryed so most my links are stuck in net land some where.

something i did manage to gather are some sititics. VERY INTERSTING ONES at that. now im wishing more then ever i had a darn printer, lol

but any way acording to last years servays 2007 form the food and drug and the center for dieses (sp) control for both the usa and just california i was able to find that .... let me get my scrach paper here. lol

ok it woudl seem that in california there was a "rise in diagnosed autisam in children born in the years of 1997-2001" my son was born in 1998, it would seem that some other studys where able to link vacanations that where givein to the babys dering the first day of birth at the hosptal. of witch there was a high amount of murcury. (sp) murcury has been proven to cause brain disfunctions and poor develment of the brain. a long with a host of other issues.

right now in the usa there is estemated that 1 in every 94 males have some form of autisam.
of them who where later diagnoses with autisam(78%) where first diagnosed with what they call a (2nd dary syndrom) with inclue but are not limited to trets X willamsons and "ADD" or "ADHD"
of the (78%) of them miss diagonsed with the 2nd syndrom 53% of them where diagonsed with ADD or ADHD.
of the 53% of them who where treated for ADD or ADHD insted of the root issue of autisam there was a 92% FAILOR RATE.!!!!! in treament and cure.

well duh ya think? lmao

sooo mmm ....

well we have been to doc after doc shrink after shrink. EVERY ONE OF THEM say their is nothing worng with my son. not add or adhd. nor any typ of autisam. LMAO.

with that high a rate why is it soo hard to get a diagosis one would ask?
well that is easy to understand really. its the scale or the "spectrom" they use to diagnose autisam. its so VAST AND SOO WIDE that 2 children or person diagosed with the SAME form of autisam can be two filp sids of a coin in simtoms.

it is expecaly hard to diagonse ashinbergers autisam. it can take YEARS AND MANY TEST AND DOCTORS to even scrach the serface of a diagonses of these children. in the mean time the simtums of the autisam can seem to just go a way or they "grow out of it" well the fact is that these children learn to work around their autisam and so they learn to adpit to normal socal functions. learnin to cary on normal lifes and jobs or familys. meanwile as the children wait to be diagonsed with autisam they are subject to the (quick fix) ideas of treating the 2nd sindrom (in this case with terry add) to a 92% failor rate.

the question now is HOW THE HELL DO I PROVE this to not only his teachers but his doctors. Sad

lol i think im gonna put my foot down in mondays meeting and demand they change his IEP. and if that means some one stands beside him 100% of the day and taps his paper as a constant reminder to compleat the next problem then SO BE IT. and if the problem on the page is right regardless if "work is shown" then it DAM WELL BEST BE MARKED as correct.

i need to get on paper his entelagance. i need to prove it on a academic scale. if that means we have to have his teachers sit besided him EVERY SEC to do that then so be it. they will have to just acept he is gonna need that indivisual help daily.

WildCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by tree68 October 29th 2008, 12:29 am

yes serina - have him assessed by two people at the same time - i had papers to prove Paul had dylexia too and that helped heaps. Paul had the clear speech and vocubulary of a 16 year old with writing abilities of a nine year old when he was 13 years old.

I had to invite a vice president fo SPELD (learning disability) to talk to Paul as he was rather unsettled and to convince my mother plus to find out if Paul could go back to college for thrid year wheich he didn't want to... Zannie convinced Paul that she is the same as him and agreed for him to go to work instead of going back to negative school the following year.

try and find an adult with similar intelligence and autism to help you? most likely more helpful too.

i had a mother asking me if i was deaf, born deaf and from rubella - i said yes to all these and she invited me to her home to ask me all sorts of questions she wanted to know... she had adopted a baby girl who turned out to be profoundly deaf when told she cant have any more babies after having two sons herself. she said i had helped her much more than a visiting teacher for parents of deaf babies. her daughter grew up to be a really lively and affectionate girl.

there's always a way! hugs serina
tree68
tree68

Back to top Go down

Post by Deb October 29th 2008, 12:43 am

If I could, I would be sat next to you in that meeting. Just know I am there in spirit.
Deb
Deb
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WildCherry October 29th 2008, 12:35 pm

thank ya guys for all your help and suport. its truely very kind and sweet of you guys.

well up date i have a list of 6 doctors for terry. i have on appt set for nov 18 at 830 the others I WILL have set soon too. maybe its over board. but after lookin over all the shcools crap and evals it looks to much to me that they are setin us up for forced intorvention. with a forced diagnosis of add. this might get VERY UGLY very quckly. dan will be going monday to the meeting he has asked that i pretty much just stay quite let him do the talkin and work. we are on 100% agreement so im sure there will be no devide and concore with this team. but he has desided that terrys counsler needs to be takeing out of the pic asap.
when i talked iwth terry last night he started crying demanding "i cant be atusic!!!! im not mental" he said "mrsXXXX said atusic means mental. im not mental mommy."

that BIT**** TOLD MY SON that he was mental??? bullcrap. she is forceing him in to a brain washed sence of her diganoses and she is not yet a doctor. F**** that crap. the bit*** is soo out of this pic.

ooo a little more info in julia ill post in her post.

WildCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by Deb October 29th 2008, 12:57 pm

Oh man WC!!!!!!!! How dare that teacher do something like that to your son!!!!!!!! I would have her hung naked upside down by her toe nails in the middle of winter in the frozen tundra for that! What a *beep*!!!!!!!!!!!
Deb
Deb
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WildCherry October 29th 2008, 2:40 pm

yeah well she is gonna be out of the pic monday.

guess what i got guys???

well siting here rackin my brain over and over and over HOW THE HELL DO I PROVE THIS how the hell where the hell what hte hell (POUNDING HEAD ON KEY BORD OVER AND OVER)

yeah i have lost a lot of sleep over this the last few weeks expecaly. but more so over the last few years.

when i got a voice mesage.... it was cindy. mm a family friend who has lived in my fathers house for oo some 18 years now. any way. talkin to her it DAWNED ON ME I HAVE A SISTER WITH AUTISAM AND HER SON IS TO. DUH!!!! hehe sooo i call my step mom. and ask her who she works with to prove her sons autisam.... well she really didnt know much other then some specaliset in her school district. but then she recalls a women she rides to school with every day. to the collage. SHE HAS 8 KIDS. 6 of the 8 are atustic. this women is goin to collage to get papers to beable to hole more power in child intorvention. see this women is a parant advacat. BOOOOWWWWWWWWYYYAAH!!! she has delt with this for so many years with soo many kids of her own that she now goes in with other parants like me (she had the same probs as me at one time only x8) so she has made it her gole to deal with parants like us and help us. is now goeing to school to get the degrees in it to. but has GREAT AMOUNTS OF EXPERANCE. Smile

this women hit my prob on the HEAD OF THE NAIL she was almost tellin me what the hell my probles where with the schools doctors and ect ect. and she was RIGHT ON THE MONEY. the women knows her crap.

eather way i told her i fear they are tryin to push a introvention and force meds on my son for add when i just KNOW IN MY SOUL it is not add.

she said oo hell no they can not do that and she has the back up numbers and persons in goverment to call to back it up. she has delt with this so many years with her oun kids as well with over 30 other parants. all these places that will not let terry in cuz he is not atuistic enought HAVE NO CHOICE even if it takes 6 months to get the boy in THEY HAVE TO TAKE HIM and the shcool HAS TO COMPLY. regardless of funds or hands to do so.

so this week end im taking all terrys info evals and test and all his work (yes i have every single paper my son has done in clase or homework over the last 3 years) to her. we will go over it in detail. and basicly she said im lookin at this the worng way. im lookin at it as ammo to shoot terry down. when in reality its all ammo provided by them to FORCE THEM TO DEAL terry. and to get them NOT I BUT THEM to prove his atusim.

I HAVE A SENCE OF RENEWED HOPE HERE GUYS. please keep up the prayers and good wishes. and tossin a few lucky lucky chicken bones chants for me to. lol

WildCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by tree68 October 29th 2008, 8:30 pm

yay!!!!!! Oh i am soooo very glad for ya serina hugs

that a voice message helped you to get positive and supportive help for Terry. Many good lucks - wishes and prayers for both of you plus Dan and the whole family. lil roo
tree68
tree68

Back to top Go down

Post by Deb October 29th 2008, 9:09 pm

Well done you for pulling it together and coming up with a very strong plan of action! You have my prayers and all the support I can send your way. Go get'em girl!
Deb
Deb
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WildCherry October 30th 2008, 9:39 am

well part of our game plan ........

ok she called back last night. some time this weekend we will all get together and work out more details. her haveing 8 kids keeps her bissy expcealy with each one haveing some kind of austism. or syndrom. 2 of the babys are hers and her husbans by birth. the other 6 where leagley adopted babys from birth. most from drug mommys. so they have a HUGE host of issues all over the mental and physical bards.

so for my homework dan and i are to come up with a list of what we want for terry. what OUR GOLE IS not the schools. what services we feel terry will benafit from. regardless if the school said they can do it or not,

NO LONGER will there be a fight over what terrys "problem" is.

this game plan is about learning and egucation. it is NOT THEIR JOB to anilaize my son. it is there job to teach him. no mater what it takes to do that.
1.GET RID OF THE COUNSLER!!! her services are not needed and i have documents to prove that. fomr many years and teachers.
2. he will be placed in a "normal" class room. takein out of specal edd class. with a aid to sit beside him and explain in DETAIL over and over if needed each step of what is expected of him. we need to teach his brain to work in a step by step order. to produce the completed out come of work on paper.
3. i want to see him LEARN use his brain to learn not remember.
4. if the anwser is right. then it needs to be marked as such. no longer will terry be made ot feel as he is wrong. but insted will be tought why the awser to the problem is wrong. if this means repeating over and over and over each step in tell the little light in his brain come on. then so be it. WE WILL ACEPT HE IS A 10 YEAR OLD LITTLE BOY. AND WILL SOME TIMES MAKE MISTAKES.
5. i want my son to see and understand that there is NOTHING WORNG WITH HIM!! and to respond as such.
6. i want to see his academics on PAPER. no more guess work. no more "we know he is over intelagen but cant prove it " crap. i want him to learn how to get it on paper. we need to teach his brain to work and to produce work on paper. he needs to LEARN HOW TO DO THIS. even if it means repeating the steps over and over. then so be it. in tell his his brain can adomaticly take over the steps on its own. we "normal people" need to teach his brain to work in a "normal way" exersize it if that makes sence train it to go one step at a time.
7. old evadance and proof of my sons "issues" for lack of better word. used to create a NEW plan of action. to help him to LEARN how to function as needed for the academic proof we need ON PAPER. so that in the end of all this work on both our sides and his. show secess(sp) not failor. " JUST THE FACTS MAMA" not the guess work. i want my son to see he can and had done well and good. he seceeded. (sp)

a few other things will come a long as we cross the bridges. and we will deal with them as they do.

the awsome thing about terry is all this and more then what we are asking of him HE CAN DO!! he can LEARN to do this. with proper training and work. we can get him to LEARN. he can adapt to what we expect of him. he is not "mental" he is just differant. if we can tap in to that and teach and train his brain to work in a step by step manor. then we can get all these resolts and more form him. HE CAN FEEL GOOD about him self again. and he can learn to use paper evadance to prove why he has the right to feel good about him self. terry is a very blessed little boy. that his mind is "moldable" if you will. we just need to HELP HIM or TEACH him how to mold it.

if they disagree with our terms and our plan as parants. then we will force them to MEDICLY PROVE we are worng. but forceing them to foot the bill to have him sent to the california dionogstic center (sp) this is a 3 day testing facilty. with 10 doctors all specalized in diferant "mental" issues. they will test and anilize terry and all brain storm their findings to come up with a diagnoses. in the 3 days i to and dan will be tested and consolted with all our information. all this will be combined in to a finle outcome.

also have him sent to IRC. inland reganal center. (same consept with doctors just less extencave.)

its no longer about who is right or worng it is about TEACHING TERRY what i have all ways wanted most. and what he NEEDS MOST.

WildCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next