The Chicken Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What do you have?

+2
WildCherry
Okie
6 posters

Go down

What do you have? Empty What do you have?

Post by Okie August 8th 2008, 8:44 am

What kind of poultry do you have?

I have pure breeds of Silver Laced Polish, Dark Cornish, Silkies, d'Uccle Mille Fleurs, Blue Americauna, Sweater McGinnis Blue Faced Hatch Game, Bantam Cochins,Red Dorkings, Silver Cuckoo Marans, Super Silver Cuckoo Marans and Black Copper Marans.
I also have some mixed breed laying hens, a dozen Bob White Quail and some Guineas.

My Mille Fleurs, Silkies, SL Polish, Black Copper Marans and Dorkings are young birds that should start laying in the next couple of months. I have decent sized flocks of all of them except the Red Dorkings and Black Copper Marans. I am going to try to have them both built up to where I can sell hatching eggs next year. Very Happy
Okie
Okie

Back to top Go down

What do you have? Empty Re: What do you have?

Post by WildCherry August 8th 2008, 4:43 pm

nutin any more. our little carmal is gone now so nutin not more.....

but you got lots Smile hehe love the polish best

WildCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by Okie August 8th 2008, 5:26 pm

The Polish march to a different drummer for sure. lol!
The little Millies are some of the sweetest singers. They just surround us when we go to milk the goats. There are always silkies under our feet to. I have so enjoyed all these little guys running loose that I will hate to have to tractor them when they get to laying. I may just have to lock everyone up and let one tractor at a time run loose. Smile
Okie
Okie

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin August 8th 2008, 11:18 pm

ooooooooooooooooooooooooo silkies oooooooooooooooooooooooooo
they are my fav lol what colors do you have

we have 4 silkies 1 is on 3 eggs that I am hoping will be pure our birds are freeange normally, but we got this cool three tired cage so I put my two adult silkies in it Razz oh golly we have millie's 5 cockerals and 1 pullet lol a few gold and silver sebrights, lots of mutts too lol
for standards we have a few leghorns, golden coments, RIR's, and lots of mutts again lol
we also have some ducks, and a pigon
for goats we have alpines, a couple boers and several mixbreeds, we also have a herford cow and her calf, plus another we are raiseing for beef
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://thechickenpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Okie August 9th 2008, 8:22 am

I have a little Silkie hen that looks a whole lot like your Avatar. She was the only Silkie in a box of banty chicks I got last year at the feed store. She is so sweet. When I ordered broilers this Spring, I ordered 10 Silkies,10 Millies and 10 SL Polish.
3 Silkie Pullets, 3 only. 2 black and 1 white. I lost one little silkie rooster early on. The others were all chasing the girls to death. I had no idea what to do with them. No way was I gonna butcher the little guys. Last week a woman came to do some barter trading and I got rid of all but two of the roosters. I kept one of each color. I lucked out with the millies and Polish. 3 Polish roos out of the 10 chicks. I traded off a trio and kept 2 roos. The Millies were perfect. 1 roo the rest pullets.
I got the chicks the first week of March, so I am thinking they will start laying soon. Smile

Sebrights are a breed I have never had. They are such pretty little things. I may have to get some someday. LOL

Yep, I'm an addict. I love you
Okie
Okie

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin August 9th 2008, 4:37 pm

the hen in my avator was my much loved crossbeaded partridge silke Beeker, a stay cat got her last winter, talk about devastied man that was a bad time.
we love our sebrights though sometimes the roo's can be lil stinkers
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://thechickenpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Okie August 9th 2008, 11:34 pm

My little black roo is a stinker deluxe. I think he would get mean if given the chance.
Okie
Okie

Back to top Go down

Post by tree68 August 10th 2008, 12:11 am

i have 24 hens all various ages and colours mostly silkie crossed and a few are pure silkies - oldest being 16 years old - youngest only two tho - hatched last spring. names? yes all are named now... ava, serina, brenda, feefi, fiona, frilly, cassie, goldie (16 year old) annie (14 year old?) kelly, timi, blanche, twiggy, caysa, diana, dee, bluey, shyone, opal, pita, daisy, topsy, betty and polly. aha i remembered all those names Very Happy giggle

one hearing dog Sam and a cat Sheeba plus my faithful artist hubby Tom
tree68
tree68

Back to top Go down

Post by Deb August 10th 2008, 3:29 am

I had 170 pure breds and mixes, all ran together on the farm. Now I am in a life adjustment phase from a divorce, but getting ready to buy my own house so I can have my chooks again.
Deb
Deb
Admin

http://p103.ezboard.com/bfeatheredfriends

Back to top Go down

Post by Okie August 10th 2008, 8:47 am

I have been without chickens a few times in my life. It was always a pleasure to get more. There is something so satisfying about watching chickens scratch in the yard. Not to mention the good healthy eggs.
I raised some Cornish x rocks as frying chickens this past year. My extra pure breed roosters, that I let get too mature for frying, went into canning jars.
I have a meat bird I am working on so I will never have to buy chicken in the store again. I hope I don't have a need for anymore of the broilers, but I may end up having to pick up a dozen or so come Spring. Maybe not though. LOL
Okie
Okie

Back to top Go down

Post by ShowMe31 October 4th 2008, 10:36 pm

I have a pen of many different breeds and 2 pens of light brahmas.

Hubby and I have been tossing around the idea of some cornish next spring. We shall see about that.

Smiles
Jul

ShowMe31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum